I started out with a Starter Kit [Guitar + amp]

Then bought a Roland Micro Cube Amp.

And now I'm moving on for something better.

My budget is $500.00 and under.

I'm looking for an amp that has Effects built in.
Used for Rock, Metal, and just plainly heavy distortion.

Mostly from companies such as Marshall, VOX, or Roland is my choice.

Would be best if you recommended me to an Amp made by Marshall, VOX, or Roland.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
I use a roland 60 cube...i love it lol. I'm saving for a nice tube amp head and cab though. If you happen to decide to go that route, i'd suggest the bugera 6260. That's what i'm looking into buying.
Quote by whoahesgood
Would be best if you recommended me to an Amp made by Marshall, VOX, or Roland.

Not in this price range... sorry

Peavey Vypyr tube
Spider Valve
Blackstar HT-5 + an OD pedal
B-52 AT-112

Quote by 1201ZJ
I use a roland 60 cube...i love it lol. I'm saving for a nice tube amp head and cab though. If you happen to decide to go that route, i'd suggest the bugera 6260. That's what i'm looking into buying.

I thought you were perma-banz0red for MFA...

And +1 to the Bugera... I loved the 6262 (also planning on buying one). It just doesn't have many effects. If you can add another $100 to your budget then look at the Bugera 6260/6262 or a Peavey 6505+
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Sep 8, 2009,
I've heard a lot from the Peavey Vypyr series.
That they break down easily..?
This true?

Because there's so much effects crammed into it, I jizz off to that amp everyday haha.
Gear

Academy Electric Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by whoahesgood
I've heard a lot from the Peavey Vypyr series.
That they break down easily..?
This true?

Because there's so much effects crammed into it, I jizz off to that amp everyday haha.

I haven't heard of anyone having problems with them actually...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Well the first thing I would recommend is not to be so ignorant about amp manufacturers.

There are about a million of them making good products and I'd rate most of them above what Marshall produces, generally speaking.

Built in effects really cuts your options down...and the quality of your effects. There are cheap multi-effects units you could buy separately to use with a good decent tube amp for that kind of money.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT5C-5W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483559

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Floor-POD-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150446

Maybe someone else has better options I'm not the best with this low priced stuff.
-Mike
most amps with effects built in are compensating for a lousy tone. play a Vypyr without any effects: no reverb, chorus, distortion, etc. the tone is thin and sterile. same goes for the Cube and most FX centered amps.

check out the Fender Super champ XD if you must have an amp with built in effects. if you want more effects, buy a yamaha magic stomp, if it's not too complicated for you.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 8, 2009,
Hmm, I've been leaning towards a Roland Cube 60x/80x.

Or the Vypyr series..
Does anyone have a Peavey Vypyr?

Are there any Marshall recommendations?
Gear

Academy Electric Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by whoahesgood
Hmm, I've been leaning towards a Roland Cube 60x/80x.

You don't need 60w let alone 80w if you're just practicing. Stick to 15 or 30

Quote by whoahesgood
Are there any Marshall recommendations?

Not in your price range... just because it says Marshall doesn't mean it's good.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I'd go for a new if it's Vypyr, but a used for Roland.

I'm not using it as a practice amp.

I've been stuck with a roland micro cube for a while.

And seeing that I don't buy a lot of guitar gear, I need to find something that'll last me a long time.
Gear

Academy Electric Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
danelectro pedals are dirt cheap, and are probably better than what you typically get on a modeller or multiFX, so I'll recommend picking up a bunch of them, then spending the rest on something like a B-52, blues junior, maybe that bugera or w/e.
Alright thanks.
But does anyone have a Vypyr 75?
Gear

Academy Electric Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by Jhachey22
most amps with effects built in are compensating for a lousy tone. play a Vypyr without any effects: no reverb, chorus, distortion, etc. the tone is thin and sterile. same goes for the Cube and most FX centered amps.

check out the Fender Super champ XD if you must have an amp with built in effects. if you want more effects, buy a yamaha magic stomp, if it's not too complicated for you.

U'd be surprised abot the Vypyrs clean tones, even without effects. I tried it out and it sounded relatively warm and punchy (im not saying it as nice as a tube amps sound) and for a solid state go for the vypyr. Best clean sound u'll get out of a solid state.
My current gear:
2004 Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Seagull 25th Anniversary Edition
Peavey Vypyr 75
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah
Quote by Lp4life
U'd be surprised abot the Vypyrs clean tones, even without effects. I tried it out and it sounded relatively warm and punchy (im not saying it as nice as a tube amps sound) and for a solid state go for the vypyr. Best clean sound u'll get out of a solid state.

Yep, this is certainly true, the roland cleans are appalling.

But TS, I'd heavily advise you to get a bare bones tube amp and a few nice effects, it will sound a lot better, and be the best option in the long run.
A used Line 6 Flextone would be awesome for you. Much better than the Vypyrs imo
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet