I don't know whether to or

Anyway, two days ago I dug out my drumkit for the first time in ages and decided to practice. I thought I should go into the back garden of my flat as at the moment I've got the place to myself and it was sunny. I began to whack away quite happily.

Today I received a letter stating my neighbor had put in a noise complaint about the 'noise'. Bearing in mind it was 9am and I play a kit with mutes. My neighbor was supposedly nursing a hangover and didn't appreciate my Neil Peart stylings....

I don't know whether to be proud and feel like a real drummer or be ashamed.
speak face to face if you start using letters or whatever the situation will deteriorate.

...and get a roland td20 obviously
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I began to whack away quite happily.

I lost you right about there.
I would be pissed if my neighbour started playing drums outside at 9am. I like sleeping in.

Was this on a weekend?
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by restless_thrash
Well, there's your problem.

You just can't play outside these days. What's the ramification of the complaint?

It was either that or playing in the living room....>.<

It's really just a warning about the drumming, nothing SHOULD happen...
You it wasn't from that dove again?
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
I don't drum at 9am for political and moral reasons.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Snowblind 911
I would be pissed if my neighbour started playing drums outside at 9am. I like sleeping in.

Was this on a weekend?

This was on Monday. two days ago.

This guy seriously hacks me off- he sleeps in till 11am and then expects me to NOT play drums!
Nothing there to be proud or ashamed of.

it doesn't make you a better drummer, so there's no pride in it.

it doesn't make you a suckier drummer, so there's no shame in it.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
This was on Monday. two days ago.

This guy seriously hacks me off- he sleeps in till 11am and then expects me to NOT play drums!

Suggestion: talk to your neighbor about this.
Quote by Miniskirt
Suggestion: talk to your neighbor about this.

Already done. I told him I was a drummer when I moved in...
Quote by Mockstairwell

poor guy is never gonna live it down. 'albrecht' <---this word pisses me off like you couldn't imagine. i'm sure you're a fine person n all, but damn that name just brings out the worst rage in me. FASSA ALBRECHT. goddamn...
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
don't play outside dude... that's why people build garages, and houses.

also, no cops, no problem
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I can't blame him, I would never want to hear one of my neighbors trying to drum. I have one like 9 houses down who plays drums in his house and even then I can faintly hear it at times so I would probably be pissed if he was playing outside or if he lived any closer to me.
If your playing with mutes, how loud could it be? I guess one solution would be to not play on mondays, because it seems like your neighbor must've been drinking pretty hard on a sunday night. Talk to him about it, maybe you'll just have to play in the living room with mutes sometimes.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
don't play outside dude... that's why people build garages, and houses.

also, no cops, no problem

It seemed like a good idea in the sunshine....

It did mean I had to drag the kit back inside though...
You have provided the lulz.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Anyway, two days ago I dug out my drumkit for the first time in ages and decided to practice. I thought I should go into the back garden of my flat as at the moment I've got the place to myself and it was sunny.

9am is still early to a lot of people (myself included, and I get up at 8 most days). If I was your neighbor, I'd have imagined Trollface lived next to me.

I began to whack away quite happily.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

ah, don't feel bad. the rednecks across the street called the cops on me and a friend of mine for playing "loudly" on 10w practice amps on my front porch. the cops never came though. they just don't like us. we were no louder than a lawnmower. we were on 10w practice amps for christ sake
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Tip: Play decent and people won't complain.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by SteveHouse
You have provided the lulz.

9am is still early to a lot of people (myself included, and I get up at 8 most days). If I was your neighbor, I'd have imagined Trollface lived next to me.

I'm not Keith Moon, I don't go and trash the drumkit every time I play...

Quote by aixelsydevahi
Tip: Play decent and people won't complain.

I could sound like Neil Peart and people would still say something.
Simple solution: Befriend your neighbour, start a romantic relationship, move in, marry him, and a few years in, poison him at breakfast, and make it look like suicide. Then, after the police investigation concludes and you're in the clear, drag out your drumkit and happily whack away all you want.

EDIT:

Quote by Mockstairwell

Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm not Keith Moon, I don't go and trash the drumkit every time I play...

Let your neighbour sleep in on labour day.

It's not like he's sleeping in until 2pm. 9am is early.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Already done. I told him I was a drummer when I moved in...

...talk to him about the noise complaint?
You seem so full of yourself Fassa. Why make a thread of this, anyways? Noise cpmplaints are quite common. If everyone made a thread when they got a noise complaint, the Pit would be quite boring.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Simple solution: Befriend your neighbour, start a romantic relationship, move in, marry him, and a few years in, poison him at breakfast, and make it look like suicide. Then, after the police investigation concludes and you're in the clear, drag out your drumkit and happily whack away all you want.

I would like a solution that means I STAY OUT of prison...