Some guy at guitar center said the fuzzface leans more to a distortion than a traditional fuzz, does anyone think this an accurate description
not really, considering it was one of the first Fuzz pedals and many, many fuzz pedals that came out after were based on it's circuit.

Maybe he was thinking of the Big Muff Pi
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by LukeBlanco93
Some guy at guitar center said the fuzzface leans more to a distortion than a traditional fuzz, does anyone think this an accurate description

Was it an old guy? 'Cuzz the old Fuzzfaces (the 'real' ones) used germanium resistors which were potentially better than the silicon ones they use now, but varied a ton model to model. They say Hendrix would go through a dozen until he found the best one.
Quote by jean_genie
Was it an old guy? 'Cuzz the old Fuzzfaces (the 'real' ones) used germanium resistors which were potentially better than the silicon ones they use now, but varied a ton model to model. They say Hendrix would go through a dozen until he found the best one.

Pretty sure he meant big muff, which says distortion/sustainer right on the box. Fuzz face is kind of the 'traditional' fuzz
I miss my analogman fuzz face
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think