Page 1 of 2
and I was enjoying myself eating ribs and talking to my cousins. Later that night we were all chilling around the camp fire. About 10 minutes later my dad says to me, "Bring out your guitar and play some songs for us." I didn't really want to but i did anyways. So I begin playing some some random stuff for my family such as Led zeppelin, nirvana, and some mozart. Then, my aunt turns to me and says, "Ooh can you play The Climb by Miley Cyrus?" I literally did one of these .

So Pit i ask you, what is the worst song request you have ever recieved?
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
Last edited by salrap10 at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by salrap10
and I was enjoying myself eating ribs and talking to my cousins. Later that night we were all chilling around the camp fire. About 10 minutes later my dad says to me, "Bring out your guitar and play some songs for us." I didn't really want to but i did anyways. So I begin playing some some random songs for my family. Then, my aunt turns to me and says, "Ooh can you play The Climb by Miley Cyrus?" I literally did one of these .

So Pit i ask you, what is the worst song request you have ever recieved?

I like Men by the Jonas Brothers
i hate when people ask you to play infront of a group of people, like if people are over.
i just play more classic rock since it is inoffensive
I hate when people make you perform, like you've got a repertoire all ready and prepared.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

"play Hey There Delilah huh huh huh"

But they were trollin and then they just told me to play Journey, and I did that.

Quote by SteveHouse
I hate when people make you perform, like you've got a repertoire all ready and prepared.

Normally when people act like this I ask them to pay me

MC name = Bearrorism
"Hey, you know this song, right?"
"No. "

Everytime somebody wants me to play something it always goes like this.
Quote by imthehitcher
i hate when people ask you to play infront of a group of people, like if people are over.
i just play more classic rock since it is inoffensive

i just pretedn to suck or play lots of really dissonant stuff and call it "a think piece"

but worst song i've ever been asked to play is "through the fire an flames". but because i couldn't play it (hate DF with a passion) the resident GH freak deduced i suck at guitar.

but i do have a funny family BBQ story. it's late (11h), most of the people have been drinking since 2, and some of the young people, myself included, start breaking out the racist jokes (none seriously, just to see who had the most offensive one). then we hear this older guy pipe up "you should never give a n*gger money, because then he gets cocky". first, we here all like , but then we realised he was serious, and we were like then we were like .
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 8, 2009,
inb4feltupmycousin

....oh.... song requests? nothing in particular, but yes i concur with the "i hate when people force you to play"

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
"Drum Solo!!!"

i dont play drums...
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Jhachey22
i just pretedn to suck or play lots of really dissonant stuff and call it "a think piece"

but worst song i've ever been asked to play is "through the fire an flames". but because i couldn't play it (hate DF with a passion) the resident GH freak deduced i suck at guitar.

Should have played it on a GH controller. Acoustic.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by speakers
yea hey there deliah is a big one

I've heard this song mentioned on the forums a few times now, but I'm not sure who it's by and why it's so cringe-worthy. Details?
You know what would be pretty cool?
A drum forum.
"Hey play More than Words! Every guitar player should know that song!"
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by imthehitcher

I agree man. I usually respectfully decline.
After a short bit, it gets in the way of conversation and someone always asks to stop. At least I feel like that would happen. The two times I've had to do it (people wouldn't let me back down) I did one or two songs and stopped. Usually American Pie or Porcupine Tree's Pure Narcotic.

Quote by EvilDomo

It's a great song dude
Quote by me_llamo_juan

It's a great song dude
yeah I like the song too, but it's probably one of the only songs requested at school.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
As soon as I saw the thread title, I literally said to myself "Please let this be about how he ****ed his sister, just please". Needless to say, I am completely disappointed.

I don't mind playing for people as long as they don't insist I sing.
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Really? I can't even find anyone at my school who knows it or knows who Extreme is, for that matter.
Well, here, they only know the song because of Passion.

Almost no one knows who Extreme is. :|
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
Quote by DrunkenGoose
I've heard this song mentioned on the forums a few times now, but I'm not sure who it's by and why it's so cringe-worthy. Details?

Its by some talentless guy, and its cringe-worthy because its godawful.
Quote by BEBEB
"Play guns 'n roses"

well, 99% of guitarrists know at least the intro to sweet child o mine, so that's not big trouble.

And also, it just feels akward to play infront of family, so I just dont take my guitar out on vacation (no family memberS live in my city, or even near)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by EvilDomo

MORE THAN WORDS!!! Sorry inside joke.....
Anyway no one has ever asked me to play in front of people so oh well...I'd probably say no anyway because I get nerous when performing in front of people so yeah....i have to work on that.
Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator
Need a new amp. Any ideas? PM me

Quote by Kensai
Either you got the wrong thread or the gays in your state are very well hung.

Quote by Goldenfire88
I get nerous when performing in front of people so yeah....i have to work on that.

It helps to imagine yourself naked or something like that.
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by Bizarro
It helps to imagine yourself naked or something like that.

i think you mean imagine them naked. lol
But i'll give it a shot and see where it leads me. XD
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

if im asked to play infront of a croud then im asking for the bottle to errr...."surpress" my nervousness
Quote by Goldenfire88
i think you mean imagine them naked. lol
But i'll give it a shot and see where it leads me. XD

You imagine your family naked?

Just leave.
Quote by JacobTheMe
You imagine your family naked?

Just leave.

....Should've thought that one through....

OH wait I didn't specify who i just said people!
I win
Gear:
Marshall MG30DFX
ISP Noise Decimator

Quote by Kensai

when im around a fire i always make sure that

1. someone asks
2. its really boring
3. or theres another guitar

before i whip out my guitar, cuz i hate to be "that one guy with an acoustic". you know, that guy.

when i take requests, i usually say "yeah i can play it, i just dont know it, how bout this", then play sumthin close.

the requests that make me facepalm is defineately when some1 asks me to play a themesong. like "can u play super mario" or some stupid commercial.
Quote by SteveHouse
Should have played it on a GH controller. Acoustic.

...sup.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by SteveHouse

yeah, its like all we do is learn beatles and frank sinatra songs or something

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by fret_racer82
Freebird!!

surprised I had to read a whole 3 other posts before this

and (at school guitar not with me) some dude asked if I could play som 303 (yes its wrong, no they dont deserve me typing that whole ass**** retardaton of their name out) and even though we are good froend, I threw my 1000sum page english book at his head when he turned away.
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
I play what they want to hear. Then use the acoustic to fuel the BBQ bonfire.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Page 1 of 2