I have been looking for a device that would either accept MIDI in or have a BPM value(preferrably) you can set that would then output 1/4" to a tap tempo input on a pedal. Anyone know if such a thing exists. I have been scouring the internet to find something like this with no luck. This would be used to go into a tremelo pedal I have with tap tempo input. problem is just using a tap tempo pedal on it never gets exact and my drummer plays to a click, so as the song goes on it starts to fall behind or get ahead. and i would just tap it to get it back, but everytime you tap it starts over and you get an audible blip or noise falter. So if i could have a device that i set to say 108bpm and it connects to that tap tempo input on the tremelo. then as long as i press start right on beat it would stay on beat the whole song.
Quote by bradlawrence86
I have been looking for a device that would either accept MIDI in or have a BPM value(preferrably) you can set that would then output 1/4" to a tap tempo input on a pedal. Anyone know if such a thing exists. I have been scouring the internet to find something like this with no luck. This would be used to go into a tremelo pedal I have with tap tempo input. problem is just using a tap tempo pedal on it never gets exact and my drummer plays to a click, so as the song goes on it starts to fall behind or get ahead. and i would just tap it to get it back, but everytime you tap it starts over and you get an audible blip or noise falter. So if i could have a device that i set to say 108bpm and it connects to that tap tempo input on the tremelo. then as long as i press start right on beat it would stay on beat the whole song.

maybe your drummer is off

maybe get one of those third foot pedals to you can control the speed in real time.

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by bradlawrence86
I wish it were that simple

what's so hard about timing it with a pedal? no clicks and you can speed it up or slow it down without having to click a button in time.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Maybe you need to play with the click also or get a better tremolo pedal?
try plugging the line out from the metronome into the tap input?

if the signal isn't enough/is the wrong polarity to trigger it, build a little amplifier.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR

if the signal isn't enough/is the wrong polarity to trigger it, build a little amplifier.

This would also work
Quote by FischmungaXTR

that is a great idea. I am going to try that.