Hi there, this week I saw an ad about an rg350EX that someone has lightly used, but to require it might make me sell my current RG, the RG270DX. There's nothing wrong the the 270 I have now, but I want something a little different. I just want to know if anyone thinks this would be a good idea, or whether it'd be something I'd regret. There's also one more thing, the 270 has EMG's loaded into it (81,SA,85) but I have no real attachment to them, as I find them to be a little muddy for my taste.

Also, if you think the the 350 is a good idea, is there anything you think I should do to it when I get it? Any problems?

-Schecter Diamond Series C1 Classic
-1984 Takamine G335
-Squier bullet strat
-MXR 6 band EQ
-Ibanez PH10
-Crate v18 112
I played a 350 once it was super brootal.

It might have just been my amp tho, i dunno.

lol in all seriousness, keep the 270 and mess with the electronics. maybe get rid of the tone pot, that will brighten them up a bit.

You could also try a larger pot value.. may 50 or 100K?

The 270 is a good piece of wood, the EMGs are decent too, you just need to do a little tweaking is all.
Quote by customisbetter
OH! one more thing, the pickups in the 350..
wait, i have to make sure i stress this enough..

SUCK BALLS!!!

they are muddy lifeless, low output, no highs.

Not worth it.

It's like 400 bucks lol. Ibanez is also known for having shoddy stock pickups anyway.

Nvm you already have to sell it.

You could sell the EMG's separate from the guitar if you have the stock pickups. Or sell the guitar with the stock pick ups, save the EMGs, save money, and then put the EMG's in the new guitar.
Last edited by icaneatcatfood at Sep 8, 2009,
Quote by customisbetter
I played a 350 once it was super brootal.

It might have just been my amp tho, i dunno.

lol in all seriousness, keep the 270 and mess with the electronics. maybe get rid of the tone pot, that will brighten them up a bit.

You could also try a larger pot value.. may 50 or 100K?

The 270 is a good piece of wood, the EMGs are decent too, you just need to do a little tweaking is all.

Good point, but I have no clue how to wind pickups, and it's mostly the neck that I want changed, the pickups are just... Unpleasant.

-Schecter Diamond Series C1 Classic
-1984 Takamine G335
-Squier bullet strat
-MXR 6 band EQ
-Ibanez PH10
-Crate v18 112