this is my attempt at a full song (i think...), crit it and tell me what could be better? and please excuse the terrible terrible drum track (is there anyone that could make it less terrible?)
Attachments:
potentiallyawesomething1.gp5
you brought a hooker to church?
I personally don't like the melody at the beginning. It's just ascending the scale. I'd recommend learning about dissonances like passing tones, escape tones, neighboring tones. I know that helped me out greatly.
I kinda like the drum track actually, it's not just the generic metal beats, it sounds fresh. The song is certainly "Potentially Awesome" as you say. I wouldn't say it's finished yet though. Keep at it!
Quote by Haunt3dAng3l
I personally don't like the melody at the beginning. It's just ascending the scale. I'd recommend learning about dissonances like passing tones, escape tones, neighboring tones. I know that helped me out greatly.

i should mention i dont know any theory...

Quote by Shred-Hed
I kinda like the drum track actually, it's not just the generic metal beats, it sounds fresh. The song is certainly "Potentially Awesome" as you say. I wouldn't say it's finished yet though. Keep at it!

and its probably because i dont know metal beats
Quote by ghostnineone
this is my attempt at a full song (i think...), crit it and tell me what could be better? and please excuse the terrible terrible drum track (is there anyone that could make it less terrible?)

If the tremolo was faster i think it would have sounded much better with the ascending and descending scales.
bar 59 and 84 on the second guitar
-----------2-------------
--0-0-0--0-------------

i think the 0's should have been 8 notes and the 4th note should have been like after a rest or something. or simply just left it without the 0's it throws it off a bit.
i liked it though it was very slow and catchy.

crit mine?
Attachments:
Voice Of Reasoning.gp5
Last edited by xHumanity at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by ghostnineone
i should mention i dont know any theory...

and its probably because i dont know metal beats

its cool everyone starts somewhere. i don't know theory either only been playing for 3 years i got lots to learn to. but as you get better the music you make will reflect on how and what u can play
Quote by xHumanity
If the tremolo was faster i think it would have sounded much better with the ascending and descending scales.
bar 59 and 84 on the second guitar
--0-0-0--0-------------

i think the 0's should have been 8 notes and the 4th note should have been like after a rest or something. or simply just left it without the 0's it throws it off a bit.
i liked it though it was very slow and catchy.

crit mine?

yours was pretty sweet, it reminds me of arsis alot i like the breakdown, it sounds circusy to me for some reason