Unfortunately, I'm looking for a new amp. I don't have enough money for a car, so I'm going to sell my JCM900 for about $1500, I plan on trading it at my local music center, for a cheaper amp, I'm really looking for a VOX or something like that, and then planning on trading and buying it back.

I guess it would help if you wanted to know what sound I'm looking for.
Well, first I want a tube, always tube But my favorite guitarist sounds are John Frusciante and Jeff Buckley
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
You're selling a used JCM 900 for $1500???

Good luck buddy.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
You're selling a used JCM 900 for $1500???

Good luck buddy.

That was my first thought depends on if its a combo, head, or head/cab but still, you won't get above 800 for a 1x12 or 2x12 combo, above about 700 for a head, and well for a head/cab you could get maybe 1000-1200 ish.

Well I guess maybe a AC30 would work, great cleans and a great bluesy overdrive.

You could run a big muff, or a ds-2 like Frusciante does to get heavier sounds.

Could you be more specific with your budget and styles? Why a budget of 600-800 if you planned on 1500? Do you need any heavily distorted tones?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Gigging? If not, and you want home/studio, get a Vox VT50/100. Hell, you could gig with those if you mic'd them.
Well $1500 is what I paid for it, I'm sure they'll take it back like that, since I'm taking it to the same place I bought it at/

I like heavily distorted tones.

I just want something kind of cheap for being really good. A really good deal.

I don't mind paying $1500, I just don't have the money for a car, which is more important than a half-stack right now.

I just play in an alternative style. I'm really antsy, I might play metal one minute or bluegrass the next, but my songwriting style is really folky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtkfPxVXuXs
I really love that tone right now
and the electric one on this one too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CnCWAncnwE
Seriously, Vox VT50/100, either one is amazing, has tons of tones/effects. And just forgot its modelling, it really doesn't sound like it.
Quote by TDKshorty
Well $1500 is what I paid for it, I'm sure they'll take it back like that, since I'm taking it to the same place I bought it at/

I just want something kind of cheap for being really good. A really good deal.

I don't mind paying $1500, I just don't have the money for a car, which is more important than a half-stack right now.

I just play in an alternative style. I'm really antsy, I might play metal one minute or bluegrass the next, but my songwriting style is really folky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtkfPxVXuXs
I really love that tone right now
and the electric one on this one too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CnCWAncnwE

Not true. If you take it to a store to trade in, you would be lucky to get 75% of what it usually goes for used.
Quote by BeethovensBust
Not true. If you take it to a store to trade in, you would be lucky to get 75% of what it usually goes for used.

Only exception would be if you've only had it for say 29 days, and you bought it from a place with a good return policy like GC.

Other than that, no you will not get back what you paid for it. Why would the store do that?

And another vote for the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Sep 9, 2009,
well, it's a "mom and pop" store, so they're flexible. They give good deals on people that come in there alot, I didn't really get any special services, but as soon as I bought that JCM, they opened up to me.
I just plan on selling it and then buying it back around October-November; I'll probably sell the amp I'm getting right now- I'll just trade back.
Well if you want Vox and tube for cheap I think the AC4 is about as cheap as they come. Next would be the Night Train, though I have heard mixed reviews on it.
how are the fender blues amps??
Quote by TDKshorty
But my favorite guitarist sounds are John Frusciante and Jeff Buckley

Quote by TDKshorty

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top (Wine red)
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
EHX Little Big Muff
EHX Small Clone
EHX Deluxe Memory Man
I think you are crazy expecting to get $1500 regardless of the shop. Crash course in retail:
1. Cost is the amount the business spends to operate
2. Revenue is the amount the business brings in in sales
3. Subtract cost from revenue and you have profit
4. Businesses generally try to make profit
5. ???
6. Profit

Edit: Also, what's this car business? You plan on selling for $1500 and buying a $600ish amp then putting the $900 or so difference towards a car? If so, you should be looking much cheaper, cuz $1000 car is going to cost out the ass in repairs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 9, 2009,
I've got about $1200 saved up, and the rest of the $1500 will go towards the car
1000$ cars aren't that bad, my car cost me 500$ and about 10 hours of work and it runs great, only had 19000 miles