Here is the deal: a lot of the time I am using the public Wifi connection at my job, which is a large Resort/Hotel. The whole place's Wifi has one IP, so I was thinking the other day "what if some random guest were to use the wifi to log unto the fourms and post (not likely but still a possibility)?"

I don't want the mods to think I am using a multi becasue two people are using the same IP. I know a lot about IT, but I am unsure if the mods see the IP assigned to the persons computer (which would be a little dumb because changing your computers IP is easy peasy) or the one assigned by the IS, which is considerably harder to change at will.

This is just something that I was wondering about, I am sure it is not a big deal but I would still like to know.
Considering that less than 0.1% of the US population is on UG, and a fraction of them are regular users; it's extremely unlikely that another user will be in that hotel with you and attempt to log on at the same time as you.

I've been on plenty of public wi-fi networks and used UG without a problem.
It's possible, but the chances are next to zero. And even if you do end up getting banned by mistake, you can just explain your case to the mods and they should understand.
Quote by blue_strat
Considering that less than 0.1% of the US population is on UG, and a fraction of them are regular users; it's extremely unlikely that another user will be in that hotel with you and attempt to log on at the same time as you.

I've been on plenty of public wi-fi networks and used UG without a problem.

I was thinking this, but we do have muscians here every week. But I do think both IPs being on at the same time is how they find out you have multple accounts, but maybe a combination of where the account posted/when it was created/similar posing habits.

IDK how thourgh Admins and Supermods are about investigating a possilbe multi account.
Staff has a number of different ways of determining if you're multi, but they simply aren't going to discuss them.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Staff has a number of different ways of determining if you're multi, but they simply aren't going to discuss them.

Right, because that way people won't go "Oh hey, I know how to avoid that by doing x".
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

I was hoping that this is the case, but I was not sure. I was more curious then anything else.