Page 1 of 2
Thats right folks take 7 is upon us already...

The Krank cab is no more ...

Like stated in take 6 the Framus Dragon cab took its place and she is one amazing thing of beauty

And like some ancient Chinese sorcery, magically a new amp appeared.

What can I say its the way of the dragon
You said u wouldn't buy anything else for a long time!!!!!

Then again, you've said that like 4 times already.

Haha couldn't take the fullstack, huh?

How's it sound?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
haha how does it soudn?
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
lol, hair, body, bottom

awesome
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by acdclandon
So....

....how do you like it?

Sounded great at the store, haven't got to crank her up at the house yet so stay tuned.

Quote by jc349
You said u wouldn't buy anything else for a long time!!!!!

Then again, you've said that like 4 times already.

Haha couldn't take the fullstack, huh?

How's it sound?

Its like a domino effect cant stop it

Been looking for a good stereo cab for my plans so now that I have it I didn't need the krank, plus it only being 16 ohms and none stereo killed its versatility.
Speaking of new gear, I get my Schecter Synyster Cumstom Limited Edition in the mail tomorrow
when're you gonna buy a vh4 or a herbert or a rockerverb and just settle?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Im glad you finally found yourself a decent amp!!

Enjoy!

EDIT you should buy a line6 spider valve instead...it has BOGNER wiring and T00BS!!!!111!

kidding, HNAD
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Last edited by thedekker at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by sesstreets
when're you gonna buy a vh4 or a herbert or a rockerverb and just settle?

When I can come up with the $4500 its gonna cost to get one or someone comes along and wants to trade it for all my gear
Which store do you buy from??????
(I want to buy some shares + profit.)

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
IP: I can almost guarantee that if you actually do get your hands on a diezel or an orange you'll STOP THE MADNESS!

But in the mean time its fun watching.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Could have gotten a module instead....or a dedicated power amp.

Last edited by Mark G at Sep 9, 2009,
I love my XXX Super 40...........I can only imagine how Awesome that must sound!!! Congratz
Quote by carr4600
Speaking of new gear, I get my Schecter Synyster Cumstom Limited Edition in the mail tomorrow

Do a NGD thread please

HNAD, I can't wait for the next installment, in lets say, 5 days :P
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
... This is insane!
Another one?! So soon!

HNAD

But... now even *I* want to know where you work... >_<
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Mark G
Could have gotten a module instead....or a dedicated power amp.

Why do that when I can have both and no money out of pocket..

I initially went in to the store with that train of thought. Was like ok im going trade this up for some modules or maybe have enough cash to get both. So I take it to store and tell them I want to trade this in on some stuff. They offer me $300 bucks for the krank cab. I was like wtf this is a $1000 cab new with barely any dents or dings and used they go for $700 to $800 so I was expecting atleast $500 at the minimum for it. $209 for the module and then have a little left over for a 6l6 power amp. But it turns out Krank cabs have taken quite the noise dive over the weekend. There were numerous ones going for $450-$500 so that cut me pretty hard in the selling trading department. So I went to my plan B and that was get something I could use for metal and use as a 6l6 power amp at a later date. Also something that I could recoop my money back on the deal. So after wheelin and dealin with the guy I was able to trade it straight up for the Triple X which was $549 bucks and only had to come up with $25 out of pocket. So in a since I was able to get 3 modules and a 6l6 power amp section and not loose a sh!t load of money on the deal going this route
Quote by IbanezPsycho

I initially went in to the store with that train of thought. Was like ok im going trade this up for some modules or maybe have enough cash to get both. So I take it to store and tell them I want to trade this in on some stuff. They offer me $300 bucks for the krank cab. I was like wtf this is a $1000 cab new with barely any dents or dings and used they go for $700 to $800 so I was expecting atleast $500 at the minimum for it. $209 for the module and then have a little left over for a 6l6 power amp. But it turns out Krank cabs have taken quite the noise dive over the weekend. There were numerous ones going for $450-$500 so that cut me pretty hard in the selling trading department. So I went to my plan B and that was get something I could use for metal and use as a 6l6 power amp at a later date. Also something that I could recoop my money back on the deal. So after wheelin and dealin with the guy I was able to trade it straight up for the Triple X which was $549 bucks and only had to come up with $25 out of pocket. So in a since I was able to get 3 modules and a 6l6 power amp section and not loose a sh!t load of money on the deal going this route

Fair enough Just saying, what you plan and what happens aint exactly the same

Didn't you have a XXX before? Or was that an Ultra, either way this feels like been there done that to me. I'm with Mark, stop pussy-footing around and get what you want already.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be fun to mess with, and you will easily recoup your costs.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Forgot to ask... New thread new hint? To be honest I'm more interested in what industry your company is in, than the actual company. I have a feeling you are not talking about trucking when you say transportation, I'm thinking this is a bit of a trick question here.

As to not take away from your NGD (you have so few, I better let you enjoy this,) congrats, again.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by IbanezPsycho

Could've just waited until they inevitably went back up in price instead of blowing your money on something you don't really want or need like a kid in a sweet shop.

Just sayin'.
Very nice.

So is the HT-5 gone? Sorry, I've lost track of your gear.

HNAD! Enjoy it
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Quote by DiizZ
Very nice.

So is the HT-5 gone? Sorry, I've lost track of your gear.

Enjoy it

Ya, he couldn't stand his wife saying it was her choice, so he sold it. That HT-5 may well have been the missing link between gear and wives, but he couldn't harness its power.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86

Didn't you have a XXX before? Or was that an Ultra, either way this feels like been there done that to me. I'm with Mark, stop pussy-footing around and get what you want already.

Regardless, I'm sure it will be fun to mess with, and you will easily recoup your costs.

Had the Ultra and really liked it honestly more so then the 6505+ and from researching what modules are best for what I want everyone said the ULTRA XL but its still a bit medicore which means I would need to have it modded which brings the cost up to $400. And with the ENGL and Diezel module coming out next year I didnt want to drop $400 bucks on something I might not like in the first place and run it through a power amp I dont like for modern metal. So I got an amp I have been wanting to purchase for a while now, Actually came close to buying one on more then one occasion. And I get a 6l6 power section when I do get the other modules next year.

And again we already went through the fact there are NO power amp sections used or new for me to purchase let alone even allow me the chance to try in neck of the woods.

Quote by tubetime86
Forgot to ask... New thread new hint? To be honest I'm more interested in what industry your company is in, than the actual company. I have a feeling you are not talking about trucking when you say transportation, I'm thinking this is a bit of a trick question here.

As to not take away from your NGD (you have so few, I better let you enjoy this,) congrats, again.

Its a Telecommunications Company
Quote by timi_hendrix
Could've just waited until they inevitably went back up in price instead of blowing your money on something you don't really want or need like a kid in a sweet shop.

Just sayin'.

See above about why I actually made the purchase. Everything was planned out and calculated and thought about. I always have multiple plans and things on my list I want to purchase if they come up. Plus I didnt need the cab and needs a metal pre amp section and 6l6 power section so it was far from a wasted purchase. 6l6 power is 6l6 power so in the end does it really matter if it is thrown in the rack or sitting on top of my cab. Remember I dont gig so its far from inconvenient for me

Quote by tubetime86
Ya, he couldn't stand his wife saying it was her choice, so he sold it. That HT-5 may well have been the missing link between gear and wives, but he couldn't harness its power.

+1

After 10 years of marriage there is no missing link to be found believe me.

Plus she actually liked the Triple so she was happy. Plus she helped me pick out which one out of the 3 triples sounded the best. And she got a first hand look one why I do what I do in the gear search. Each head sounded different and the other two sounded pretty bad. She was like amps sound that much different from one another. Yup thats why you have to search for the right one. Ohhh because if you played those other two for me worse I would have said they sound like crap but I really liked the sound of this one and its not as noisy. So you better pick it up now because you might not find a better one later on.

Quote by mexican_shred
how does the wife feel

Read above
on all accounts. I'm sorry, we are all just anxious for you to say "Eureka!"
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Awesome!

If you acquire a B-52 in the near future I might begin to think you're copying me

Seriously though. The Windsor and XXX are two of my favorite heads I've owned.
Quote by tubetime86
on all accounts. I'm sorry, we are all just anxious for you to say "Eureka!"

Quote by bartdevil_metal
You should change your name to Ibanez_Claw

I could only dream.. The man has gotten his hands on some really nice gear compared to my mediocre stuff

Quote by eyebanez333
Awesome!

If you acquire a B-52 in the near future I might begin to think you're copying me

Seriously though. The Windsor and XXX are two of my favorite heads I've owned.

And dont worry about that one, im not a big fan of the B-52
HNAD! In the matter of weeks, everything old is gone and completely replaced with a new rig.
Quote by Mark G
Place your bets on the next NGD!

I'm not gonna bet on the next one, because I don't know what the first thing IP sees when he walks in the store next will be. But I will say that within a month or two I think we are in for a "F*** it all, I got an Uberschall" thread. At some point IP will realize that he has spent assloads of money and time chasing a tone that he can get with a single purchase, and that his wife will likely appreciate the value of having a closet worth of **** in one head case... Or kill him.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Page 1 of 2