So my gf dumped me for another guy about a week ago and I haven't touched a guitar since today. Now I've been interested in blues for a long time, but I was never too good at making it, I always thought people were just good at different genres, like I can play trippy prog stuff easily, and rock and roll comes naturally. But blues always sounded just meh when I played it.

So I tuned my guitar to open G, slipped a slide on (which I SUCK with), and man.. I just played some kickass sounded blues with it. Like it was really good.

Like I never knew that mood could have SUCH an influence on my music skills, like honestly this sounds like some movie bull****, and I wouldn't have believed it either, but it actually helped me play better. It's very weird. Feels good to play too, makes me feel better about the whole thing.
I am amazing at writing songs when I'm sad or angry.

That's why I love music, it's the ultimate medium for expression of more than just thoughts, images, or ideas, but also emotions. I guess you could say that about most art, but for me, music does that the best.
My improvising skills fly through the roof when I'm hyper and happy. Other times, in more rare and mellow moods, I can't separate the ass end of a chord and a bed sheet.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Don't do drugs and play, it just ****s you up in the end. Music is about soul and expression, hence when we are expereincing intense emotions we connect far better with the music in my opinion.
Try mixing mescaline and adrenacrome with LSD and then playing.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Idk why everyone says play guitar tripping.
It's ****ing hard to do.
Mainly because your ****ing trippin' balls!

I play better when I'm down too.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
I can picture the lyrics
"Well my baby left me, left me for good..."

Really playing the blues feels good man.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
I am a god when tripping.

I **** you not, I made a kid trip the **** out when I played on acid one time. It's pretty simple, too. Some variation of a C chord moved up or down, throw in some repetition, it trips people the **** out.

Okay, it was more than that, but it made me feel better about how I handle myself on drugs.
Try a sherm joint and then playing. Then try speaking. Then try standing back up.
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
i mean it was in an open tuning, so it's pretty difficult to make it sound bad.
#DTWD
Playing guitar tripping was easy for me, until my hand evolved its self into multiple, seemingly one minded arachnid figures at started weaving my guitar into there home. So I put it down for the evening and played with the xylophone. True story by the way, I am now severely aracnaphobic when I never use to be. Emotion does make a great impact on writing music. I like writing music with a bitter taste of angst, its more up beat and less destructive than hatred. Id like to hear some of this blues playing man.
Peace be thy journey
Last edited by quam at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by Cheesepuff
drugs make you THINK youre good

Drugs make you think EVERYTHING is good... Drugs even make you think KFC is good!
Quote by Jaymz_515
I pretend I'm a huge spider laying eggs, then when I flush the toilet I fall to floor screaming "MY CHILLLDRENN!! NOOOO!"

If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit.
- Mitch Hedberg
Quote by Jacoiskoby
Drugs make you think EVERYTHING is good... Drugs even make you think KFC is good!

KFC is good...

Maybe I'm just perma-drunk.
Quote by SSDaniel105
KFC is good...

Maybe I'm just perma-drunk.

Nah KFC is that good all the time lol.

My lyric writing gets better when i'm angry or down in some way.
I find that i write the best riffs/solos when im really happy or pissed off about something. If im in the middle it doesnt really work out:S. i don't understand :P
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Quote by Toker420
Try smoking marijuana and then playing.

ive done that quite a few times, even recorded and it was ****ing funny to watch:P
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
I have a similar storie, My gf dumb me for another guy, ever scince then I stared paying attention to lyrics and must of em speak to me .....such a ( hate to say it ) **** you, Faceless by Godsmack, Breath by breaking benjamin You get my point..

( i know i know the bands are meh, but they helped me get over it)

EDIT****

The song is called I ****ing Hate...i belive