i have an ibanez rg350dx as my workhorse second guitar. ive had no end of trouble with its tremolo and to fix string breakage as well as tuning problems i have locked down the tremolo. only problem is i am a tremolo wanker at heart.

would getting a new tremolo such as an OFR or an edge pro be a good idea or a waste of money? is it worth putting that much money into a guitar that is barely worth as much as the tremolo?

i might also replace the pickups while i am at it. what would you suggest? i would be aiming for more clarity with high gain and more low end.
Quote by ShestShestShest
No, just save up for a good guitar.

i already have one. i am just asking whether you think it is worth making my beater more useable.
Quote by prsfan22
i already have one. i am just asking whether you think it is worth making my beater more useable.

Sell it, use that money and the money you would've spent for the trem and pickups to get a used MIJ RG. It'll come with a good trem and the pickups probably have been upgraded already. It's not really worth it when you can get a much better guitar.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Sell it, use that money and the money you would've spent for the trem and pickups to get a used MIJ RG. It'll come with a good trem and the pickups probably have been upgraded already. It's not really worth it when you can get a much better guitar.

Yeah totally.
I wouldnt even upgrade my xiphos.
Just sell it, and use all that cash for a nice carvin custom shop.
You dont specify what problems you're having, but i would guess that only one part of the trem is worn out, you might save some money and just buy a used edge pro on ebay. the korean made floyd rose "specials" can be had for fairly cheap as well.

I've never had a problem with LFRs, but i'm not a trem wanker, either.

as far as, is it worth it?: that's up to you weather the guitar is worth it. I own a cheap ass guitar that i prefer the feel over nicer guitars that i own, and have put a lot of money into it trying make it sound as good as it plays. most people would've said it wasnt worth it, though
I'm going to disagree with the others and say replace it with an Edge Pro. Apart from the trem and pickups, lower end RG's are actually pretty nice guitars. Obviously not as good as a Prestige, but they're still better than a lot of the crap out there.
The Edge 3 is bad though. Someone on Jemsite posted this. Its their Edge 3 after one year with 11's tuned to Eb
(Invalid img)