my pc wont turn on :| lol

when i turn it on, it gives me the message that it wasnt shut down properly, i proceed by clicking "start windows normally", but then when it gets as far as the windows page that just says "windows XP" and has the loading pannel, the screen goes blue for a few moments with white writing then resets.

does anyone know what this problem is???

thanks for any help possible
You are getting a so called Blue Screen of Death (BSoD), which probably means that you either have a faulty driver or some faulty hardware. If you could post what the white writing said it would be easier to assist you.

EDIT:
Also, when you get something that's unusual, with some strange writing, on computers, that's the necessary information. Everything else is gracefully talking around the problem. Note that I mean no offense by this, but since I work tech support, I have a lot of people that manage to talk completely around the problem, without giving me any clue of what's going on before I see it for myself.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Last edited by Sheepdragon at Sep 9, 2009,
start in safe mode, back up your data, and do a system restore.

buy an external harddrive if you don't have one already.

edit:

OR you could start in safe mode and then actually troubleshoot the problem but it doesn't sound like you'd know how to start. Not sure that I'd know how to start really. Just sayin you don't HAVE to do a system restore but it will fix the problem.
Last edited by Jondy at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by brutalmania
my pc wont turn on :| lol

when i turn it on, it gives me the message that it wasnt shut down properly, i proceed by clicking "start windows normally", but then when it gets as far as the windows page that just says "windows XP" and has the loading pannel, the screen goes blue for a few moments with white writing then resets.

does anyone know what this problem is???

thanks for any help possible

It basically means your boned

It could be a huge number of things, Hardware failure...Virus most likely???

You need to reboot your operating system probs

My advice is to take it to a computer shop
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
It basically means your boned

Doesn't necessarily mean your 'boned,' I had a BSOD, and it turned out that my RAM stick was faulty, so I just changed it, and it worked perfectly after that.
Quote by Jondy
start in safe mode, back up your data, and do a system restore.

buy an external harddrive if you don't have one already.

edit:

OR you could start in safe mode and then actually troubleshoot the problem but it doesn't sound like you'd know how to start. Not sure that I'd know how to start really. Just sayin you don't HAVE to do a system restore but it will fix the problem.

Yeah Do an immediate back up ....BUT ...I wouldnt say that a system restore will fix it .
The BOSD is most common cases is caused due to one of the following

1. A RAM problem : When an Operating system loads up, the first thing that is done is it caches all the critical information that is required for it to run into the RAM . This data is stored in the HDD . If the RAM is faulty then sometimes it stops responding when the processor tries to load the data from the HDD to the RAM

2. A HDD problem : Point 1 can occur the other way around also ...the RAM might be working fine ...but if the HDD is faulty, it will stop responding when the processor tries to read data from it. (this is why you MUST do an immediate backup of all your data )

3. A SMPS problem : The SMPS is the unit that sends the required power to all your PC's components ..including the motherboard (that houses the RAM, sound card, internal modem, processor etc), HDD, DVD drive etc. If this is faulty then that can also cause the BSOD. (Although this is rare ...its most likely to be one of the above two)...

If you paste in the error message that is being displayed ..i might be able to figure out what component is causing it
How are you posting this then
Funky

Quote by thedefrockednun
you made my day

Quote by el-ECTRO
bada bing or whatever he's called. EPIC WIN.

Mighty Blades
Quote by Sheepdragon
You are getting a so called Blue Screen of Death (BSoD), which probably means that you either have a faulty driver or some faulty hardware. If you could post what the white writing said it would be easier to assist you.

EDIT:
Also, when you get something that's unusual, with some strange writing, on computers, that's the necessary information. Everything else is gracefully talking around the problem. Note that I mean no offense by this, but since I work tech support, I have a lot of people that manage to talk completely around the problem, without giving me any clue of what's going on before I see it for myself.

i completely understan guess the only way to find out is to actualy do it though haha.,d.

well the problem is, the blue screen doesnt show long enough for to actually read it.

The guy below you though, in your experience, would his suggestion work, i realy dont know
Quote by brutalmania
i completely understan guess the only way to find out is to actualy do it though haha.,d.

well the problem is, the blue screen doesnt show long enough for to actually read it.

The guy below you though, in your experience, would his suggestion work, i realy dont know

Maybe. But did it happen just out of nowhere? Like, no changes from when your computer was previously turned on? If so, then it's probable that your hardware may be damaged.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
When I saw the title, I realised how strange and suspicious the thread was.

>_>

<_<

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by bada-bing
How are you posting this then

i was wondering the same thing.

well played, sir....well played.....
Quote by Sheepdragon
Maybe. But did it happen just out of nowhere? Like, no changes from when your computer was previously turned on? If so, then it's probable that your hardware may be damaged.

yes it occurced completely out of no where.

it sucks too cause i just got new broadband haha