Just a few questions about noise gate pedals, because I have quite a few pedals and could do without some of the extra noise:

1. Is there a big difference between the Boss NS-2 and the ISP Decimator?

2. Will either of those pedals get rid of the weird noises that accompany the switches on some of my pedals? (when I turn them on or off)

3. If I want to reduce amp hum AND single coil pickup/effect pedal noise, do I need separate noise gate pedals for the front of the amp and its effects loop? (I don't use the effects loop with my other pedals because I don't use the amp's distortion)

None of my pedals are that noisy (but they could be cleaned up), it's mostly my single coil pickups and white noise from the amp, plus the pedal switches.

Thanks!
Yes, one sucks tone but one can be used in a X pattern to kill noise in the front and the back.. So its up to you on which benefits you more.

NS-2 is the tone sucker but can be used in the X Pattern.

Possibly depending on the noise and where it falls.

NS-2 can do it or the ISP G-String
The ISP range won't suck tone like the NS-2 or mxr smart gate. The normal iSP decimator will clean up pedals and guitar noise in your signal path, while its more expensive brother the G-String will do that plus cancel amp hum
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Yes, one sucks tone but one can be used in a X pattern to kill noise in the front and the back.. So its up to you on which benefits you more.

NS-2 is the tone sucker but can be used in the X Pattern.

Possibly depending on the noise and where it falls.

NS-2 can do it or the ISP G-String

Not wanting to sound like a dildo here but what's the 'X' pattern?
[
since wen does the MXR smart gate suck ur tone.
ive tried it and the ISP Decimator and the MXR beat it IMO
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal