Poll: Do you want to be a celeb?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you want to be a celeb?
yes
46 29%
no
110 71%
Voters: 156.
Page 1 of 2
So the whole celeb thing has taken over youth culture at large. I dont understand the amazement of being apart from probably having more money and freedom.

Do you want to be a 'celeb'?
I want to be the very best, that no one ever was.

If celebrity comes with the package then so be it.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Kind of.

Part of me would love to perform in front of thousands of people, release albums and make tons of money as well as gaining respect for what I do.

But do I really want to be swarmed by people whenever I go shopping for groceries, or go to a cricket game? Not at all.
I don't want to be 'famous' for nothing. However, having millions of people love and respect you for your work must be amazing. I'm thinking great artists, comedians, writers etc. where you are famous, but for the great work you've done.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
i want to play music full time and be somewhat successful but not a celeb. Getting to play with celebs as a session guitarist would be awesome though. And if enough people like my own stuff thats nice too
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
man you and your "celeb" polls...
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by jhardcore
Kind of.

Part of me would love to perform in front of thousands of people, release albums and make tons of money as well as gaining respect for what I do.

But do I really want to be swarmed by people whenever I go shopping for groceries, or go to a cricket game? Not at all.

This. Except I wouldn't be going to cricket, but, those are details >_>
Kind of, not the kind of not being able to go anywhere without being mauled, but i'd like to have my music heard and be able to have a social voice. So kind of.
Nah. It'd be cool for a while but the lack of privacy would wear me down.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Hey heeeeeeeeey I wanna be a rockstar.

If that counts as a celeb, then sure. Unless you're talking about the celebs who are famous for nothing (ex. Paris Hilton), then no.
Yeah, I want to be mainstream famous.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Only within my academic field, so that I can go about my normal day without being approached on the street but can go to all the black tie balls and have people stare and whisper when I walk past.
Of course that already happens, but I'd like it to happen because I was esteemed rather than because my tux has no crotch.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Alex Vik
Hey heeeeeeeeey I wanna be a rockstar.

I read that in your avatar's voice
The playground of the world
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Only within my academic field, so that I can go about my normal day without being approached on the street but can go to all the black tie balls and have people stare and whisper when I walk past.
Of course that already happens, but I'd like it to happen because I was esteemed rather than because my tux has no crotch.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
**** no, I don't want everyone watching my every step and move. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
It'd be nice with the money and fame and stuff.

But it would suck being followed by the paparazzi.
The fact that celeb-marriages are more than likely to end up in divorce, and the fact that everyone will know my name would not balance the money and fame out.
DeVillains!
I would love to be a kind of musician that not that many people know about, enough to play for, but not so many that people are chasing me around everywhere.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I'd like to be famous like sonic youth or the pixies. Really well known among people in the know, but not being attacked by hordes of "fans".
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Semi-famous musician would be nice, recognised every now and then but not enough that it gets old.
“Its not easy being a man you know. I had to get dressed today… and there are other pressures.”
-Dylan Moran
Both yes and no, mostly no because I would have less privacy. If I become a famous composer or photographer I don't think the paparrazi would care, though... and my fanbase would consist mostly of elderly women and men or underage girls who want me to take pics of them. Pretty much like now, only I'll be branded a paedophile instead of an "artist".

Quote by Ur all $h1t

████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I used to not want to, but now I think it'd be kinda nice. It must be the age I'm at, seems like I'm all about money, sex, and drugs. And celebrities get all that in bulk.
I think I'm with most people in saying that the money and freedom would be nice but the lack of privacy would balance that out.

EDIT: I would actually, privacy can be found easier than the opportunity of doing something you love
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Last edited by Venice King at Sep 9, 2009,
I'd love to be recognised in music- but that does take a lot of work to get to, and even more work to maintain, with very long work days, especially on tour. I want to live comfortably doing music, and if being famous comes with that, so be it. I would try to keep as much to myself though. You can do it, and a lot of famous people have shown you can.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Just want to say lmao

Of course I'd love being famous. What kind of question is this? I think about this sort of thing everyday. Roads to get there, etc. It's a game of luck and chance, of course, but you do have to at least try. It's just like the lottery. If you don't buy the ticket, you'll never win. Well, if you don't try to learn guitar, you'll never be a famous guitarist. Might as well try... Besides, if it doesn't happen, it might happen after you die.. so make sure you get a lot of recordings in there, even if they suck, and bury them places... !

Honestly, Just keep playing if you love to play. Please.
The times they are a changin'.....
I would love to play in a Band that sells out concerts and has best selling CD's

But with not being able to walk down the street without getting some bald fat man chasing me with a camera would be sh*t. Also all the lies made up by the media would piss me oof
I want to be famous, but not a celebrity.

If I was famous for something like being a guitar player, so much that I was respected by many others, and made a fair bit of change due to that fact, but not so well known that I got swarmed all the time, then that would be fine.

Being a celebrity would probably make me change my music style to make more money, and make me become an asshole from all the attention. My relationships would probably all be fairly dysfunctional as well. Therefore, do not want.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Sep 9, 2009,
Part of me would love too but to be honest, like everyone else has said in this thread, the lack of privacy would destroy me.
Lack of privacy doesn't mean **** to me; and no I don't want to be a celeb. Never had I felt the urge to be famous and glamourous. I don't see why people envy these lifestyles, a lot of these people are more depressed than the average american.

Also, I've never cared for money. Nor, all the perks that people seem to be so desperate for having celebrity status.

The closest thing to a celebrity I'd want to be is Paul Gilbert. Very well known in the guitar community but is known to be extremely down to earth.
While driving yesterday, I saw a banana peel on the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.
Quote by SteveHouse
Recognized > Famous.

This. I want to get to (or at least near) the top of my field, which will undoubtedly come with some degree of recognition among those in the same line of work. If I reach the very top, chances are my name will spill out into the public domain to the extent that I may appear in the news from time to time, and folk well-versed in current affairs may recognise me in the street. I would be quite content with this, assuming it came with a large amount of money
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Page 1 of 2