Page 1 of 3
Unless you've been living under a rock or you're hopelessly retarded, I'm sure you know what Facebook is.

I don't have one. I think I'm the only one on campus who doesn't have one and who cringe everytime someone says, "Alright, I'll Facebook you" like it's some kind of neo-yuppie lingo term. (I'm not a fan of Twitter either now that I'm saying this). However, there seems to be a use for it. I know all the organizations and clubs here use it as sort of a bulletin board. It also seems easier to get a hold of someone through Facebook than actual email.

I don't feel like I'm missing out. Trust me, I tried Friendster for a couple of years and I'm sure both suck just the same. But I feel like my life, not to mention my almost dead social life, would be a bit more convenient if I had a Facebook account.

Should I make one?
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
yeah i was in the same situation as you. i hate to say i have a facebook because most people use it way to much but i did get one once i went to college. It makes it easier to stay connected to old friends and it makes it easier to contact classmates. so i would say get one because it is easier than e-mail
I'd actually get the Helix fossil if I were you.

About the 'I'll facebook you' bit, that made me cringe too, don't worry.
Last edited by AnAngrySquirrel at Sep 9, 2009,
Jebus Krust! maybe next time ask pit if you can go to toilet or if you should or should not fap?
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
its alot easier to add a friend and use facebook than it is to track them down and get their email. It's what u make it really. there's also some games and stuff, so you can use it to contact people, or just pass the time. just make sure you go outside every once in a while
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
why not? there is nothing u could lose by making one and there are quite a few advantages. Add the people u know and try to get to know them better.
if you want google to get 10 cents off your name, get harassed, and let EVERYONE know who you are and what you're doing....just go right ahead...

Never liked it, will never use it, I have a thing called a phone...and e-mail...do you? It's not easier than picking up your phone and dialing your mates or e-mailing...

yeah I don't like social networking sites at all. I find no point...who the hell cares that I'm on my myspace posting right now zomg!
AMD Athlon x2 5200+ (Windsor) @ 3.2Ghz--4x1GB Gskill DDR2 800 @ 910Mhz--Biostar Tforce 550--450W Rosewill Stallion PSU--250GB Seagate Barracuda--Samsung Writemaster CD/DVD R/RW--XFX Geforce 7950GT core clock 600Mhz, memory clock 760Mhz
Last edited by Illiad86 at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

That doesn't even make sense...

TS I'm in a similar situation and so far I'm sticking to my guns. If you think it's going to make a huge difference then go for it, if not then don't bother.
Yeah you may aswell, what have you got to lose?
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton
Quote by kikaykitko
Unless you've been living under a rock or you're hopelessly retarded, I'm sure you know what Facebook is.

I don't have one. I think I'm the only one on campus who doesn't have one and who cringe everytime someone says, "Alright, I'll Facebook you" like it's some kind of neo-yuppie lingo term. (I'm not a fan of Twitter either now that I'm saying this). However, there seems to be a use for it. I know all the organizations and clubs here use it as sort of a bulletin board. It also seems easier to get a hold of someone through Facebook than actual email.

I don't feel like I'm missing out. Trust me, I tried Friendster for a couple of years and I'm sure both suck just the same. But I feel like my life, not to mention my almost dead social life, would be a bit more convenient if I had a Facebook account.

Should I make one?

There's your answer.....

Does it even matter anyway? I have a Facebook and I NEVER use it, i'm loosing anything by having one.
i have one and it serves its purpose to contact people. if thats what you need then make one

edit:^ you mean you don't lose anything by having it
Last edited by -tempest- at Sep 9, 2009,
i was in the same situation, i just had to suck it up and swallow my pride and get one. its not that bad though....
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
No, they have this thing called Farmville now..

I'm so harvesting my pineapples on that at the moment! I love Farmville
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Don't do it man!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by ChucklesMginty

Ohh man that's annoying, 'yay I found a lost cow lol XD'
He who knows all, knows nothing in the eye of a imbecile.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

About the 'I'll facebook you' bit, that made me cringe too, don't worry.

That's for ***s. Dome Fossil is where the fun is at. Anyway, I don't see why not. You can talk to people that way without adding them on messenger, which is harder, because you need their E-mail address and you can't be sure if it's really them, because you can't see a profile pic. Why not? What's the worst that could happen? And I don't think anyone I know uses Twitter.
Quote by kikaykitko

Should I make one?

Anyways, Facebook isn't something you get, it's something you join.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by ChucklesMginty

I refuse to play that game, but when someone finds a black sheep it's fun to ask if they have one in white.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
If you manage to ignore the crap that makes up 90% of facebook, it can actually serve a useful purpose for, as you put, organizations/events details, amoungst a few other things.. :/
Facebook is useful! I've gotten back in touch with people I knew when I was like 8 years old, also it's a relatively effective way of posting events, and letting everyone know. As long as people use facebook (and they do), I'd much rather tell my friends there's a party, camping trip, concert, or whatever, by inviting them all to something on face book, than calling 30 people with the same message. It's not like you have to live your life on there, but since so many people use it, and since they are easy to find on there, it has become a viable communication channel. Unless you don't want people to know you exist, then get it!
Quote by *powerslave*
If you manage to ignore the crap that makes up 90% of facebook, it can actually serve a useful purpose for, as you put, organizations/events details, amoungst a few other things.. :/

+1
It can be quite useful. Just about everything I am a part of on campus has a facebook group and uses it as a public forum. However, generally people just use it to stalk to cute girl they liked in high school.

Its a double-edged sword.
sure, and add me once you get it
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I found people from my elementary school yearbook, people I lost communication with almost 10 years ago.

You are missing out.
Quote by Cuddrow
Facebook is useful! I've gotten back in touch with people I knew when I was like 8 years old, also it's a relatively effective way of posting events, and letting everyone know. As long as people use facebook (and they do), I'd much rather tell my friends there's a party, camping trip, concert, or whatever, by inviting them all to something on face book, than calling 30 people with the same message. It's not like you have to live your life on there, but since so many people use it, and since they are easy to find on there, it has become a viable communication channel. Unless you don't want people to know you exist, then get it!

Here are the most problems, do i want to get spam, do i want to be harrased?
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by *powerslave*

+10
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Here are the most problems, do i want to get spam, do i want to be harrased?

You can always block.
Hey pit, I need a wee. Should I go to the toilet?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Rabid - no. Go in a bucket.

Then you can use it to bleach people's hair in their sleep.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Hey pit, I need a wee. Should I go to the toilet?

I dunno man...it's alot of work. You have to get up and walk around and ****...i'm not sure if it's worth it. Do you have any bottles nearby?
Quote by mrretard
yeah i was in the same situation as you. i hate to say i have a facebook because most people use it way to much but i did get one once i went to college. It makes it easier to stay connected to old friends and it makes it easier to contact classmates. so i would say get one because it is easier than e-mail

Exactly the same here.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Quote by Hammerzeit
**** no. Tie a knot in it.

a slight jolt of pain went through me as i read that
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

No offence, but you suck at being funny.
-

Page 1 of 3