So im sitting at the piano trying to work out the chords for Happy Birthday in Cmajor. I understand the whole CDmEmFGAmB1/2dim thing and also i know where the chords should come in but i just cant work it out. I also understand the chord can be outside the key at times.

Happy b(Cmajor) to y(major)ou

Happy b(major) to y(major)ou

Happy b(major) dear (minor)

Happy b(major) to (tonic)

A guy who i watched play keys one was able to work out progressions to most traditional songs but i cant do it even through trial and error.

(note im not looking to just know what the chords are i need to know how to work it out)
you could read a book or take a class
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by lucertia.
So im sitting at the piano trying to work out the chords for Happy Birthday in Cmajor. I understand the whole CDmEmFGAmB1/2dim thing

do you know the notes for each of those chords?

if so write the melody...
and find chords that include that melody note

in the case of Happy Birthday, you are likely looking at I IV V chords (C F G in this case)
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by GuitarMunky
do you know the notes for each of those chords?

if so write the melody...
and find chords that include that melody note

in the case of Happy Birthday, you are likely looking at I IV V chords (C F G in this case)

i know the notes of the chords and i know the notes of the melody and i also tried 1 iv v but it didnt work