Page 1 of 2
Recently alot of my friend and family have been telling me all I do with my time and money is spend it with my guitar or on guitars, amps, etc and was wondering if I'm the only one that does that?

Ever since I got my guitar it's been an addiction really, when ever I get a new one I start saving up the very next day for another one.(This applys with amps, too)

And whenever I don't have something to do such as school work, playing with my dog and all that other stuff I'm either trying to learn something new about the guitar, or a new song, etc.

So anyone else like this?
I would've search barred this but I didn't know what to search to find this.

(Sorry if this doesn't go here)
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
You said you were always spending money on new guitars and amps but you only have one guitar and one amp???
Quote by The Chimney Man
You said you were always spending money on new guitars and amps but you only have one guitar and one amp???

I only list what I'm currently using.
Current Gear:
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
I can't get enough. I will go without food or whatever to spend on GAS. Its why my g/f says, "I hate tube amps. They cost too much and make my ears ring".
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
What you have is called GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) and everyone on these forums suffers from it. I bought a Krank Rev Jr. about a month ago and am already planning on trading it in so I can get a new amp ... It never stops.
Quote by Fintrollx
Yeah, i've used all my money on my guitars and amps. just bought 700 worth Bc Rich WMD Warbeast with 400, it was used but in good shape!

Hahaha awesome, man
Yeah, I'm about to drop 350 on a Line 6 Dueverb used but nice shape aswell.

miketheslut- I've gotten to the point where my friends ask me to go to the movies but I say no because I'd rather have the gear. D;
Current Gear:
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by Shabadoo
What you have is called GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) and everyone on these forums suffers from it. I bought a Krank Rev Jr. about a month ago and am already planning on trading it in so I can get a new amp ... It never stops.

I knew there was a word for it.
I seem to get tired of what I save up for to after about a month.
Good thing I usually buy used.
Current Gear:
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by unicornfist
Hahaha awesome, man
Yeah, I'm about to drop 350 on a Line 6 Dueverb used but nice shape aswell.

miketheslut- I've gotten to the point where my friends ask me to go to the movies but I say no because I'd rather have the gear. D;

I am about to drop $500 on p'ups for all my "keeper" guitars.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Join the GAS club! My family just thinks playing guitar is a waste of time. It was hard for me growing up without someone to encourage me to practice and learn. My dad played, but was never around enough to teach me, so i learned on my own. Now I am married and my wife gives me all the support and encouragement I need!
Seriously, I'm in the band.
haha, sure, I'm like that too. I spend a lot of my scholarship on guitar gear the very second i get my hands on the money

If your girl/mom complains though, ask her how many cute purses/pairs of shoes she needs.
Nah, I spend money on clothes and stuff like that. I'm fairly happy with the gear I've got.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Dude,

Just be you. Life is to short to worry about what others think you should be doing.

Enjoy your life !!

Rock on !!
Really - screw all the haters, if you love it, do it. It's your life. And besides, it's that kind of dedication that may make you one of tomorrows guitar legends.
I miss being young and being able to spend all my cash on guitar stuff...lol...

I still free up money and hit up the used shops or ebay to get crazy pedals or something on a regualr basis...lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Finding used gear is my crack lol. I love looking through pawnshops and stuff to find new pedals and amps and stuff. Of course, if I didnt, I never would have been able to get My Schecter Hellraiser =)
Yeah, I spend all my money on guitar stuff.

If I'm out, I won't buy food in order to avoid losing any "gear money"
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
When I spend money, it tends to be either on food, school, or my increasingly addicted guitar hobby.

Don't worry about it, I spend most of my free time either playing guitar, listen to music, or playing the guitar while listening to music. Nothing wrong with being really into playing guitar.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
guitar's not the only thing i do, but it is one of my major interests. Tell your friends to butt out, you don't (I assume) tell them what to spend their time and money on.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I do it too. I just got a 700$ amp and about a week later I was like... "This would sound sweet with a new guitar!"

So now I'm back to saving up again
I hate my sig
I spend about 3/4 of my money on guitar, an eighth on vidya games and another eighth is personal food and drink Moms wont buy.

I'm spending $200 + tax (which is currently unknown) on a new fancy Digitech RP355. Then I'm saving up for a Gibson Faded Flying V. Then an EVH 5150 and an Avatar 4x12 cab.

Hopefully I can get a job and be able to afford this stuff much quicker... I wanna buy an El Camino, too...

Oh and I also hope to get oober famous in the process. I believe that would help a lot. Then I'd buy many guitars I've been GASing for.

When it comes to guitars, I'm a crackhead. So don't fret. We're all pretty crazy when it comes to guitars.
Don't get the Digitech Rp355. It sucks through any decent amp. I have it.

.....Actually, wanna buy mine?
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Don't get the Digitech Rp355. It sucks through any decent amp. I have it.

.....Actually, wanna buy mine?

I have an RP50 right now. And it's pretty bomb. My guitar teacher has an RP90... which is also pretty bomb.

Soo... I'm gonna have to call you out on that one.

How much would you sell it for?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I have an RP50 right now. And it's pretty bomb. My guitar teacher has an RP90... which is also pretty bomb.

Soo... I'm gonna have to call you out on that one.

How much would you sell it for?

Eh idk. I'll probably put it on ebay for like $120. It's actually the 350 not 355. Don't know the difference.

I just know that it sounds like poo through my mesa and if your getting a 5150 or what ever.....you'll propably have similar results
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Eh idk. I'll probably put it on ebay for like $120. It's actually the 350 not 355. Don't know the difference.

I just know that it sounds like poo through my mesa and if your getting a 5150 or what ever.....you'll propably have similar results

The RP355 is a huge improvement over the RP350. It looks far more sinister and it sounds a hell of a lot better. I've used one through a Marshall half stack before. It sounded pretty good, but I only used presets and only used it for like 20 minutes. So I don't have too much of an opinion...

The 5150 distortion sounds ****ing sexy and orgasmic so I'd probably end up using the RP355 for any other effect than distortion.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
The RP355 is a huge improvement over the RP350. It looks far more sinister and it sounds a hell of a lot better. I've used one through a Marshall half stack before. It sounded pretty good, but I only used presets and only used it for like 20 minutes. So I don't have too much of an opinion...

The 5150 distortion sounds ****ing sexy and orgasmic so I'd probably end up using the RP355 for any other effect than distortion.

Yeah just don't use the RP's distortion or modelling and you'll be ok.
I hate my sig
Yea im the same but it's worth it, I've got 5 on hand right now with one more coming in the mail and then possibly one more guitar at the end of the month if i get lucky.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
yea everytiem i get a guitar, just a day or two later im comtemplating my next one. =P GAS is like cancer....there is no cure, and you suffer from it terribly.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Ive spend £6000 in oen form or another in one year one guitar stuff, its basically because we are all chasing that perfect tone to ourselves, theres no problem in it but its by no means healthy in terms of saving money!! I think ive been saying id save money for about 2 years now
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
honestly, no. i do spend a good deal of money on gear, but i try to limit myself to one decent sized purchase per year, if that. i just started a job (finished school this year) so i know i could buy something new every couple months if i wanted to, but i would rather not. as much as i love guitar, i feel like i would rather get to know and love the main gear i have (guitar and amps) instead of always getting something new. pedals are different, ive always got GAS for pedals (dont buy that many though).

if it costs me $100 (or a more) to go out for a weekend, hang out with friends and have a good time, i dont sit there thinking, "damn, that could be another pedal or something." having that stuff in your life is important too IMO. but then again, when i am home a guitar is never out of reach. and its in my lap most of the time when im hanging out on the computer or something.
I've been supposed to be saving to buy myself a new $1,200 laptop for the last three years.

Instead I've spent it on a $550 amp, at least half a dozen pedals varying in price from $50 to $80, three guitars($220 used, $450 and $425 new) and various recording junk.

I'm finally satisfied with my tone though, so just an actual microphone instead of the USB one from Rock Band and I'll be set for the computer. ...Also maybe a bass for recording original stuff with my guitar and drum machine. But after that I'm putting my wallet, save my ID and employee card, in my safety deposit box and putting every two week's pay in with it until I have enough cash.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Im afraid im not as pathetic, err... dedicated, as you guys. Since I have no money in the GAS fund, (and believe me Ive got serious GAS) All my money is going towards a Pontiac Firebird which I hope to have by February, maybe January, depending on how much I eat.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by QuantumMechanix
Yeah just don't use the RP's distortion or modelling and you'll be ok.

The Rectifier style distortion I have in my RP50 is quite impressive. It actually sounds pretty close to a Mesa Boogie Singe Rectifier. Obviously the real thing sounds a lot better, and it's a tube amp, but still, not bad at all.

The British amp models are the ones to stay away from. Real British amps sound like sex compared to the RP ones.
I am really bad I buy guitars like candy. I get sh*t from my GF and my son all the time. I just can't pass up a deal. A lot of guitars I buy I resell pretty fast so I do not post them because they are not staying,only the ones I keep I post. I have close to 70 some are in various stages of completion and haven't made it to my profile list. About 50 are posted. They take up my whole living room at this point!

John
Dude, don't let anyone ever convince you that you spend too much/play too much guitar. Guitar is one of the greatest things in the world right now. I know how you feel.

Rock on!!
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
I spent about $15,000 on a car I can only drive a few months of the year. Some people fly planes as hobbies, huge ticket items there even if you "rent".

In comparison, guitar gear is pretty cheap, even for the good stuff.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I have seven guitars that i use at least once a week but I'm a pickup crazed guy since i go buy the newest pups that are out on the market. heck i've preordered the new EMG ALX set for my RR24.

And i bought a 4,000USD Randall V2 Ninja head that came with two Randall Kirk Hammet t RS412KH10 cabs that sucked and sold later.

as you could tell i have an addiction to high end gear.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Last edited by Blacken Seas at Sep 10, 2009,
Page 1 of 2