Page 1 of 3
Pit, I come here to tell you of news of great importance, I am afraid the whole "crabcore" thing has spread much further and quicker than we could have imagined.

Prog-crab

Crab-pop

Is it bad that I love both songs and think the whole synchronised headbanging thing looks awesome?

*runs away and hides with flameshield*

Discuss
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

are those girls in the first vid?

/a serious question

wait nvm I heard the vocals

What does it have to do with crabs???
Could you tell us exactly where and when in the vidoes the aforementioned crab thing happens?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
One is not amused.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Why do people put silly brands on music?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
Why do people put silly brands on music?

Because they have crabs.
Quote by Kensai
Could you tell us exactly where and when in the vidoes the aforementioned crab thing happens?

45 seconds onwards in the first one. It's not as obvious as the Stick Stickly crabs, but it's still there, trust

As for the second video, wait for the breakdown, at about 52 seconds onwards, and then at 1:35 onwards, and finally at 2:28. Not as crabby as the original, but the moves and stances are still there

Also, I added the crab to both songs because I thought it was amusing. Clearly not

First song's post-hardcore, second one's electro-pop-rock with the occasional breakdown. If you want the REAL genres
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Last edited by Lostprophets$$$ at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by Våd Hamster
Wtf is this crab.

I c wut u did thar.

The first one isn't prog. Not by a long shot.

Crabcore ftw though.
First one was not too bad, poor quality though. Second was hilariously bad IMO. And synchronized headbanging is awesome most of the time. Both of thee were better than the famous music innovators, Attack Attack!, known for inventing the Crabcore and Crabcore-affiliated moves.
Quote by Hammerzeit
I c wut u did thar.

The first one isn't prog. Not by a long shot.

Crabcore ftw though.

I know that one's not because it's a cover of an electro song, but their own stuff is, trust me. It's like progressive post-hardcore? aha
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I know that one's not because it's a cover of an electro song, but their own stuff is, trust me. It's like progressive post-hardcore? aha

Post-Crabcore?
This is a plague and should be wiped out now before it continues to spread. Emo assholes need to stop trying to be metal, because they're just bringing the whole genre down, and go back to cutting themselves so we dont have to.

The fact that you like it brings your whole musical taste into question. They all look like women, sound like 14 year old boys who are angry because they're WoW account just got cancelled and can't play the guitar for ****. The synchronized headbanging is cool when good bands do it, and do wear ****ing painted on pants and asinine giant "V" neck shirts that come down to their nipples and show their retarded chest tattoos. Their hair is gayer than an 80's glam band and their crab like movements make we want to punch every newborn baby to death just so that there is no possible chance of another band like these ever being made.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Headbanging just makes you look like a moron.

Musicians only started doing it to make the most of their perms, and it always looked stupid.

Slamming your head backwards and forwards really is hardcore
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
45 seconds onwards in the first one. It's not as obvious as the Stick Stickly crabs, but it's still there, trust

As for the second video, wait for the breakdown, at about 52 seconds onwards, and then at 1:35 onwards, and finally at 2:28. Not as crabby as the original, but the moves and stances are still there

Also, I added the crab to both songs because I thought it was amusing. Clearly not

First song's post-hardcore, second one's electro-pop-rock with the occasional breakdown. If you want the REAL genres

I saw some slight crab-moves but I'd more like to think of these bands as "Douche-core".
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by SPBY
This is a plague and should be wiped out now before it continues to spread. Emo assholes need to stop trying to be metal, because they're just bringing the whole genre down, and go back to cutting themselves so we dont have to.

The fact that you like it brings your whole musical taste into question. They all look like women, sound like 14 year old boys who are angry because they're WoW account just got cancelled and can't play the guitar for ****. The synchronized headbanging is cool when good bands do it, and do wear ****ing painted on pants and asinine giant "V" neck shirts that come down to their nipples and show their retarded chest tattoos. Their hair is gayer than an 80's glam band and their crab like movements make we want to punch every newborn baby to death just so that there is no possible chance of another band like these ever being made.

Wow, I would've happily listened to and accepted your opinion until I read "Emo assholes need to stop trying to be metal, because they're just bringing the whole genre down, and go back to cutting themselves so we dont have to". Elitist asshole. I'm all for laughing at something and having a laugh, but people like you need to get their heads out of their asses and chill the f*ck out. Don't like it? Don't listen to it. It's not like they're making you like it, there's this thing called opinion. & as for judging my music taste, I also listen to Necrophagist and the Backstreet Boys. Problem? Oh, and read the lyrics to both songs, they're not angry at all. Your opinion on their fashion wasn't even called for, most "metal" bands just look sweaty and need a haircut, doesn't stop me liking them. Gtfo of my thread.

Quote by Hammerzeit
Post-Crabcore?

You know it
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Kensai
I saw some slight crab-moves but I'd more like to think of these bands as "Douche-core".

needtobeeradicated-core

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY

I think someone's a crab-core fan ...
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Wow, I would've happily listened to and accepted your opinion until I read "Emo assholes need to stop trying to be metal, because they're just bringing the whole genre down, and go back to cutting themselves so we dont have to". Elitist asshole. I'm all for laughing at something and having a laugh, but people like you need to get their heads out of their asses and chill the f*ck out. Don't like it? Don't listen to it. It's not like they're making you like it, there's this thing called opinion. & as for judging my music taste, I also listen to Necrophagist and the Backstreet Boys. Problem? Oh, and read the lyrics to both songs, they're not angry at all. Your opinion on their fashion wasn't even called for, most "metal" bands just look sweaty and need a haircut, doesn't stop me liking them. Gtfo of my thread.

i dont care about other bands, its just emo's that annoy me to no end. You like backstreet boys? congrats, i don't care, they're not trying to be metal, therefore they aren't affecting my genre of choice. I never said anything about their lyrics either, i said they "SOUND" angry, as in their vocals.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by aaciseric

this made me laugh

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by aaciseric

Never said I'm not I do like it. I also like melodic death metal, electro-pop and rap music. What difference does it make? I'd defend each of those genres just as much from an elitist. I can't stand elitists. As previously mentioned, I'm all for having a laugh with people like Kensai etc, but some people just take it too far

Quote by SPBY
i dont care about other bands, its just emo's that annoy me to no end. You like backstreet boys? congrats, i don't care, they're not trying to be metal, therefore they aren't affecting my genre of choice. I never said anything about their lyrics either, i said they "SOUND" angry, as in their vocals.

Most of the bands in your music section sound angry as well. What gives you the assumption that they have more of a reason to sound angry than these guys? because they don't have fringes or wear tight pants? Get real, I actually love pretty much every band in your music section, but your reasoning just doesn't get by me. You can't say these bands don't have metal influences, so they're allowed to try and sound metal. It's not like you see them playing with All That Remains and ruining your shows.
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Kensai

+Infinity.
It wasn't really Crab-core as such, and Crabbing was kept to he minimum needed to qualify.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Wtf is this crab.

this.

"Crabcore(More like Crapcore amirite) is a new age genre of post-hardcore music that is now in the mainstream thanks to Attack Attack!, it entails playing ****ty music by playing over 9000 breakdowns, screaming **** like a whiny pussy, wailing your guitar up and down like a kid on assburgers attempting to air guitar and crouching like a crab at the same time. The genre was pushed into the mainstream when the band decided their old version music video of "Stick Stickly" was not br00t4l enough to appeal to the metalhead fans which apparently the band thought they had many of them. The band decided it was time to throw away the conventional elements in many post-hardcore bands and decided to add auto-tune vocals, and crab crouching to the br00t4l breakdowns. After weeks of releasing the video on jewtube and the subtle jewtube comments of people saying they looked like crabs came a ****storm of last.fm trolls and jewtube viewers realizing that the band just came up with the greatest genre known to man. " - http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Crabcore

Even though the most of this is bullsiht, it kinda tells what CRABcore is.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Never said I'm not I do like it. I also like melodic death metal, electro-pop and rap music. What difference does it make? I'd defend each of those genres just as much from an elitist. I can't stand elitists. As previously mentioned, I'm all for having a laugh with people like Kensai etc, but some people just take it too far.

Way to go. I listen to Albeniz, Weather Report, Led Zeppelin, Megadeth, Nile and Atheist. Elitists really annoy me. I don't like generic Emo-core mostly because of the singing. And that guy was really a douche. They can have whatever influence they want. You don't have to listen to them...
Quote by Dante53
I wonder what's next?

Crabfolk?

Oh god.

It will be done!

*sings about flowers*

*gets into crabstance*

*breakdown*

*back to folk*

It must be done!
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Lostprophets$$$

Most of the bands in your music section sound angry as well. What gives you the assumption that they have more of a reason to sound angry than these guys? because they don't have fringes or wear tight pants? Get real, I actually love pretty much every band in your music section, but your reasoning just doesn't get by me. You can't say these bands don't have metal influences, so they're allowed to try and sound metal. It's not like you see them playing with All That Remains and ruining your shows.

their vocals aren't good is what i meant, they sound strained like they dont have the technique or age required to get a good sound out. Not exactly sure what a fringe is, unless your british and mean bangs, but no i have long hair too. Im not saying they dont have metal influence, just saying that they pretty much take the good influence and throw it out the window. And yes, i am thankful they dont ruin my shows

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Lostprophets$$$
*sings about flowers*

*gets into crabstance*

*breakdown*

*back to folk*

It must be done!

We must actually do this some day.

I will get writing!

You, my fine feathered friend, have the task of studying the many mysterious movements of the Crab.

Together, we will be famous.
Quote by sfaune92
Crabcore(More like Crapcore amirite) is a new age genre of post-hardcore music that is now in the mainstream thanks to Attack Attack!, it entails playing ****ty music by playing over 9000 breakdowns, screaming **** like a whiny pussy, wailing your guitar up and down like a kid on assburgers attempting to air guitar and crouching like a crab at the same time

ooooooh....
i thought it was because they sound like crab people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV5wmDhzgY8
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
The amount of Autotune in the second actually made my brain hurt

Apart from that both are just... well, generic
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by SPBY
their vocals aren't good is what i meant, they sound strained like they dont have the technique or age required to get a good sound out. Not exactly sure what a fringe is, unless your british and mean bangs, but no i have long hair too. Im not saying they dont have metal influence, just saying that they pretty much take the good influence and throw it out the window. And yes, i am thankful they dont ruin my shows

Fair enough tbh. I'm not keen on the whole "fry screaming" thing. Though I don't think Confide fry, just his power exhales aren't really powerful, which kinda eliminates the point of them. Still, I like both, aha. And I am indeed British, and a fringe is bangs or whatever, so yeah
Quote by whiteraven119

That's me

Quote by jaridv1

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
Fair enough tbh. I'm not keen on the whole "fry screaming" thing. Though I don't think Confide fry, just his power exhales aren't really powerful, which kinda eliminates the point of them. Still, I like both, aha. And I am indeed British, and a fringe is bangs or whatever, so yeah

I think bangs sounds ridiculous... As do many American English words (not all though, there are some good ones).
Page 1 of 3