What are some good ones.
I've heard Peavey(or however that's spelled) is a pretty good brand.

I'm thinking about getting a Fender Frontman 212r.
Would that be a good choice?
Haha, that is the worst possible choice there is, in a lot of ways. Post in the Gear for Metal thread though, you'll get better responses. I'm not into metal so I won't bother.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
price range?
will you be playing gigs?
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
my carvin mts is good they can be found cheap
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
my carvin mts is good they can be found cheap

What??
I own an MTS and you're definitely going to need a pedal or two to get a good metal tone out of it. I would NOT recommend an MTS amp for metal!

As far as GOOD amps for metal, here are some suggestions:

Bugera 333XL
Bugera 6260 /6262
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX / JSX
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall JCM 2000
Engl Powerball
Engl Fireball
Bogner Uberschall
Line 6 HD147
Krank Krankenstein
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade

There are others, but these are just my recommendations
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
I've got a KRANK REV JR PRO 50 watt and it's great for metal. The matching cab is solid wood so it adds alot of bottom end. I have also run mine through a 4x12 cab and it sounded awesome. They also have a 20 watt and 120 watt version. All I know is that the 50 watt is plenty loud for me and it's priced right. If you need even more gain try the Krankenstein. I think they come in the same wattages.
Any Line 6 Spider amp is great for metal. It has a good tone, and a lot of options / effects.

Prices range from $199.99 and up+
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Any Line 6 Spider amp is great for metal. It has a good tone, and a lot of options / effects.

Prices range from $199.99 and up+

im sorry......
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

im sorry......

Really?

Bless your heart. <3
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Really?

Bless your heart. <3

the Spider is one of the worst amps in this planet.
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the Spider is one of the worst amps in this planet.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder buddy.

Just because you think something sucks doesn't really mean it actually does suck.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder buddy.

Just because you think something sucks doesn't really mean it actually does suck.

HAVE YOU PLAYED ONE!
when you compare it to amps like the Cube then you will hear the difference brah/

WTFdit:

btw, you have an MG, Metal core and a Metal Zone.......ssoo.....
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Sep 9, 2009,
for a dude who plays an MG you sure gotta lotta' nerve.

also, BOSS Metalzone and metalcore and T H E worst metal pedals currently available.

by comparison even 'crushing overdrive' is pretty sweet.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Sep 9, 2009,
The Spiders aren't THAT bad (well, excluding the newer Spider IV) but there's still alot better to be had in that price range.

OP, if your budget is $500 or less I'd get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Spiders aren't THAT bad (well, excluding the newer Spider IV) but there's still alot better to be had in that price range.

OP, if your budget is $500 or less I'd get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.

+1, either the Tube 60 without any controller or a 75 with a Sanpera II.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

HAVE YOU PLAYED ONE!
when you compare it to amps like the Cube then you will hear the difference brah/

WTFdit:

btw, you have an MG, Metal core and a Metal Zone.......ssoo.....

Wow you're annoying lawl. Turn this into a fight over personal opinion.

YES I HAVE PLAYED ONE! Glad you're concerned. I happen to enjoy it.

Quote by Silver-spear94
for a dude who plays an MG you sure gotta lotta' nerve.

also, BOSS Metalzone and metalcore and T H E worst metal pedals currently available.

by comparison even 'crushing overdrive' is pretty sweet.

Do you guys always have to bash someone's likes and dislikes because of your own personal opinion. Come on, how old are you? Just because in your opinion they suck, doesn't mean I am forced to bow down to your opinion.

By the way, I use them because solos sound boring and annoying without any kind of other effects. Marshall's are great for heavy riffing, but suck for solos.. in my opinion!

And to both of you elitist jackasses, please don't blow this out of proportion. Try to approach it in a non-barbaric way.
B-52 At-112.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

^lawl.
ok ok what ever rolls your boat

and +1 to the TUbe Vypyr 60, pretty nice amp.
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^lawl.
ok ok what ever rolls your boat

and +1 to the TUbe Vypyr 60, pretty nice amp.

You have to turn everything into a big joke, don't you? You're like 13 - 14 years old, as far as I'm concerned your knowledge is still pretty novice.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
You have to turn everything into a big joke, don't you? You're like 13 - 14 years old, as far as I'm concerned your knowledge is still pretty novice.

oh naw you di'int!!

ok ok jokes are over nao
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

oh naw you di'int!!

ok ok jokes are over nao

Thank you, and if you were smart you would at least apologize for bashing me for no reason.

I wouldn't bash you if you liked The White Stripes. I'd simply disagree and say why, not " that has to be the worst band ever "
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Thank you, and if you were smart you would at least apologize for bashing me for no reason.

I wouldn't bash you if you liked The White Stripes. I'd simply disagree and say why, not " that has to be the worst band ever "

i dont listen to rock (and any of its sub genre except Hard Rock) anymore.
im more into metal hence the "Gear For Metal thread" in my sig

and its ok that you like the MG, its your opinion after all
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i dont listen to rock (and any of its sub genre except Hard Rock) anymore.
im more into metal hence the "Gear For Metal thread" in my sig

and its ok that you like the MG, its your opinion after all

That's pretty understandable. I was the same way for a while.
Quote by DragTheWaters11

you are a jerk. you like bad amps and say good bands are bad. you insult people for giving advice. I do not like you.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
you are a jerk. you like bad amps and say good bands are bad. you insult people for giving advice. I do not like you.

its his opinion
feel free to add me
Quote by WSR66

What the? Quote me once for insulting people for giving advice.

And I like bad amps? Once again.. please don't do this. I said earlier your opinion is yours and don't bash me for it. I never said good bands are bad, I never really formally said any good bands are bad. In fact, I actually like bands that a lot of other people say are ****, take Six Feet Under, and I don't bash people when they say otherwise. Only when they insult me for liking something or disliking something I come back.

If anything you shouldn't like the people who swarmed on me and insulted me. I was just defending myself bro. No need to judge me for it.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Wow you're annoying lawl. Turn this into a fight over personal opinion.

YES I HAVE PLAYED ONE! Glad you're concerned. I happen to enjoy it.

Do you guys always have to bash someone's likes and dislikes because of your own personal opinion. Come on, how old are you? Just because in your opinion they suck, doesn't mean I am forced to bow down to your opinion.

By the way, I use them because solos sound boring and annoying without any kind of other effects. Marshall's are great for heavy riffing, but suck for solos.. in my opinion!

And to both of you elitist jackasses, please don't blow this out of proportion. Try to approach it in a non-barbaric way.

Although tone is subjective, it is not subjective that the Line 6 Spider Series amps, besides the Spider Valve, that I have tried sound like muddy, undefined, digitally clipped crap with distortion, and they sound sterile and lack any sort of warmth on clean settings. I guess it's a good amp if you play noise. Not noise rock, just can-of-angry-bees noise. It's not THE worst amp out there, far from it, but the fact that there's many better amps for the money make it a bad amp. Same goes for the MG. Please, they're not acting barbaric, they're just trying to help TS get the best amp for what he wants to do.

EDIT: Whatever, this guy is a troll. He makes no valuable contribution to the the thread, and then goes all "it's my opinion shut up lol". This is the downfall of free speech.

Also, to recommend some good amps, I'd look into the following:

Bugera 333XL, Bugera 6262, Peavey Vypyr Tube, Line 6 Flextone, Line 6 Spider Valve, B-52 AT112, Krank Rev Jr. Pro, and many, many more...
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by ibz_bucket
EDIT: Whatever, this guy is a troll. He makes no valuable contribution to the the thread, and then goes all "it's my opinion shut up lol". This is the downfall of free speech.

*face palm*

I didn't come into this topic with the intention of not contributing to the thread, he wanted everyone's opinion and I said what was, in my opinion, a great amp. Then everyone jumped me about it when they could have just said "Actually, that amp is really a good amp. A better suggestion would be... etc" and that would have been more meaningful to the topic than insulting me and starting a huge off-topic fiasco.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
*face palm*

I didn't come into this topic with the intention of not contributing to the thread, he wanted everyone's opinion and I said what was, in my opinion, a great amp. Then everyone jumped me about it when they could have just said "Actually, that amp is really a good amp. A better suggestion would be... etc" and that would have been more meaningful to the topic than insulting me and starting a huge off-topic fiasco.

Why would someone say that the Spider is a good amp? We don't want to start that and have him complaining in a few months about how he notices his tone sucks. IMO it's a steaming pile of ****. Granted, it's probably better for his purposes than the Frontman. But seriously, even MGs **** all over them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Why would someone say that the Spider is a good amp? We don't want to start that and have him complaining in a few months about how he notices his tone sucks. IMO it's a steaming pile of ****. Granted, it's probably better for his purposes than the Frontman. But seriously, even MGs **** all over them.

I agree the MGs **** all over them, but I still think the Spider amps are good. He wanted my input, I gave him mine. Maybe I should have named something better, but really, is he going to take the opinion of one person over more people that have a different opinion than mine?
Enough now..

*reported*

and im very sorry if i started this flame war............

to TS: go to my thread so i could give you more options
feel free to add me