the saddle on my epiphone keep cutting the a string what should i do?
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
It has a bur or sharp spot on it. See if you can smooth it out with some sandpaper. 120 - 320 grit should be good. Or you can just replace the saddle. String Saver saddles are a good investment.
You ought to take it to a tech. Alternatively try rounding off the edge on the saddle a bit with sandpaper, but be prepared that this could **** your saddle and you might have to get a tech to do it anyway.
uhh no tech where i live and i cant get replacement saddles ill take the risk of sand or could i place something btwn the saddle steel and the string to cushion will that work
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
uhh no tech where i live and i cant get replacement saddles ill take the risk of sand or could i place something btwn the saddle steel and the string to cushion will that work

Placing something in between would possibly affect the vibrations. You do know you can get a standard set of saddles for a few bucks? The string savers are more, but just a regular set goes for cheap.
i am srry i guys i dun live in the us (damn fate) i cant get any parts
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
i am srry i guys i dun live in the us (damn fate) i cant get any parts

There are some guys on E-bay that will ship anywhere. Hopefully a bit of sanding will fix you up.
Quote by Matt420740
There are some guys on E-bay that will ship anywhere. Hopefully a bit of sanding will fix you up.

any sanding tips
a walk thru plz
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quick walkthrough would be to get something like 250 grit sandpaper, just sand VERY carefully in there in a movement that will wear down the saddle at a rounded angle. keep in mind that you don't have to sand down a lot. If you're lucky you can see where it's sharp and just sand there.

edit; a good rule of thumb is to always sand less than you think you need.
Quote by ziggymidget
Quick walkthrough would be to get something like 250 grit sandpaper, just sand VERY carefully in there in a movement that will wear down the saddle at a rounded angle. keep in mind that you don't have to sand down a lot. If you're lucky you can see where it's sharp and just sand there.

edit; a good rule of thumb is to always sand less than you think you need.

thnx alot dude i cant rlly see the sharp spot but ill work it out btw i have a 100 grit paper guess ill have to go shopping tommorow
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112