Hi, I've decided to buy new pick-ups for my les paul . I have EPIPHONE - Les Paul - STUDIO. I have to humbuckers - classic with AlNiCo magnets. I'd like to have a more clear sound (being able to hear every single tone in a chord) , both with distortion and undistorted. I like to play jazz and rock, so I need pick-ups that can do both of these.
I have the opportunity to buy from ebay and my budget for both of them is around 200$ give or take. Thank you for any recommendation!
Well to hear all notes in a chord clearly you'll need a tube amp first , a good one
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
What kind of amp do you have? Pickups are important. But I would say your amp is much more important. The speaker in that amp too.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
What kind of amp do you have? Pickups are important. But I would say your amp is much more important. The speaker in that amp too.

Yeah, if you're a beginner, you may want to look at an other amp before changing pickups. Usually you catch the changes in tone and sound quality more easily by switching amps than p'ups... If your amp is of bad quality, or more fit for beginners (like the MG or Spider series), you won't notice any difference after changing your p'ups; that will probably end up being a waste of money...
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
I have - LANEY - LX20R
It was a bit cheap. Do you think there's no reason for changing the pickups?
I heard something about a box that can make a transistor combo into a tube one, should I consider buying stmg like that? thanks for your reply's , I appriciate it.
Assuming you have a decent enough amp for the job, Iron Gear Rolling Mills would be a good choice. Sure, you have to get them from UK, I expect, but at the price it would still be less than half your budget.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

New amp. Most definitely.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com