Page 1 of 2
I've been playing guitar for about 6 years and i've always had kind of a crappier guitar. I'm looking to buy a Schecter Hellraiser c-1. I play in a metal band but I like to learn all types of music. My budget is around $800, I'm asking if the schecter is a good way to go for me, if not, a suggestion for a better guitar around the same price range would be nice.
the hellraiser is amazing but look around try stuff at a shop u might find suming u like so much more
I think it's a great guitar for the money. Also Check out the Blackjack ATX, it's pretty much the same guitar except it has Blackouts instead of EMG's, ebony instead of rosewood, and a couple of other cosmetic differences.

Also, has anyone seen the new Hellraiser that has the same finish as the ATX?

It's pretty cool, satin black with yellow binding and the silver EMG's
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Play everything you can get your hands on. With your budget you can do a great deal with it. All in all, Shecters are great...there's also LTD, Dean, Ibanez and lots more.
I got the Jeff Loomis C7 with the Floyd Rose for $760 off of ebay (it had very very minor paint malfunction). If you search around you might be able to find something. But as far as the guitar goes: for metal its amazing, probably one of the best 7-string metal guitars you can get for that price range. I play jazzy-rock and cleaner styles too, it's all good with the Loomis.

Check it out!
Schecter C-1 Classic if you want versatility....and overall sexier fretboard
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I don't have a lot of experience with Shecter, but Ibanez kicks ass. I've said this a million times, but the Ibanez S520EX is an amazing metal guitar. But what it all comes down to is how you feel about a guitar. Just play everything in your range you can see.
Shecter is overrated. Go with a Jackson or a Dean if you wanna play metal.

Or I just hate it because every emo in the world loves shecter...
Quote by DragTheWaters11

Yea, that loser Jeff Loomis is such an emo, boy does he suck.

Find one and try it out, then try some more guitars out. If you still like it then get it. Personally I find Schecters to be great guitars for very good prices. I have yet to find a fault in my Classic.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by biga29
I think it's a great guitar for the money. Also Check out the Blackjack ATX, it's pretty much the same guitar except it has Blackouts instead of EMG's, ebony instead of rosewood, and a couple of other cosmetic differences.

Also, has anyone seen the new Hellraiser that has the same finish as the ATX?

It's pretty cool, satin black with yellow binding and the silver EMG's

i've seen that. it's an anniversary model. idk for what year but it's probably like a 25th anniversary of hellraisers. i played one at GC and all i could tell the diferrences were are cosmetic
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by leftyace
Yea, that loser Jeff Loomis is such an emo, boy does he suck.

I wasn't referring to Jeff Loomis at all. Actually, I was referring to Synyster Gates or whatever the guitarist for Avenged Sevenfold is. He plays a Shecter and now every emo in my school wants one because he plays one.

Sorry for the poor explanation in my earlier post, I was posting in school so I was trying to do it discretely.

BTW: I said every emo in the world likes Shecter, not every person who plays one is emo. Please read a little more carefully.
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by almosthuman36
schecter or what?.

I'd most definatley go with the what
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
I would say go with the Schecter. I have two and Im yet to have any problems. I prefer them over the Jacksons and Deans Ive played in this price range. Sadly, Ive never had a chance to play a good Ibanez so I cant help you there.
Quote by DragTheWaters11
I wasn't referring to Jeff Loomis at all. Actually, I was referring to Synyster Gates or whatever the guitarist for Avenged Sevenfold is. He plays a Shecter and now every emo in my school wants one because he plays one.

Sorry for the poor explanation in my earlier post, I was posting in school so I was trying to do it discretely.

BTW: I said every emo in the world likes Shecter, not every person who plays one is emo. Please read a little more carefully.

...even that statement is false. And so what if the A7X guitarists play Schecter? Do you honestly care who plays for a guitar company? I hate their music, I really do, but I couldn't care less.

Quote by leftyace
...even that statement is false. And so what if the A7X guitarists play Schecter? Do you honestly care who plays for a guitar company? I hate their music, I really do, but I couldn't care less.

How is that false? You don't know the people in my school.

However, my point is, every goddamn person who is emo around where I live is now in love with Shecter because of one guitar player. Now please, prove that wrong considering you know every emo in my school. Do you know any of those idiots? I highly doubt it.

And finally, I never said I cared who plays for the guitar company, it's the fact that all the emo ****s suddenly love any thing that has to do with an emo trend.

And once again, by all the emo's, I mean all the emo morons that live around me.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
Quote by DragTheWaters11
How is that false? You don't know the people in my school.

However, my point is, every goddamn person who is emo around where I live is now in love with Shecter because of one guitar player. Now please, prove that wrong considering you know every emo in my school. Do you know any of those idiots? I highly doubt it.

And finally, I never said I cared who plays for the guitar company, it's the fact that all the emo ****s suddenly love any thing that has to do with an emo trend.

And once again, by all the emo's, I mean all the emo morons that live around me.

Still don't see whats wrong with 'emos' liking a certain guitar company. If watching Slash got someone into Gibson or seeing Dime got them into Deans/Washburns then I don't see anything wrong at all. If anything its a great thing because it's introducing them into the world of guitar. I'm not emo, I don't like that kind of music, but if someone gets inspired by a cetain artist to start playing guitar, even if its a certain brand, than great for them. You can label it a trend out whatever you want but there is nothing wrong with liking a guitar brand because an idol of yours sponsors them.

Quote by leftyace
Still don't see whats wrong with 'emos' liking a certain guitar company. If watching Slash got someone into Gibson or seeing Dime got them into Deans/Washburns then I don't see anything wrong at all. If anything its a great thing because it's introducing them into the world of guitar. I'm not emo, I don't like that kind of music, but if someone gets inspired by a cetain artist to start playing guitar, even if its a certain brand, than great for them. You can label it a trend out whatever you want but there is nothing wrong with liking a guitar brand because an idol of yours sponsors them.

You either don't know emo's that well or you just aren't bothered easily.

"Emo's" are posers. Now, I have that in quotes because I don't mean every single depressed / emotional being on the planet. I mean the people who say they're depressed, cut themselves for the attention when they have a million goddamn friends and a good life.

I don't know where you live and I don't know the people around you, but they take everything over the edge all the time. They worship people who don't deserve it. They join in with every small trend and start WEARING KISS AND OTHER BAND T-SHIRTS and turn around and say the band sucks.

This is why I absolutely hate them! They idolize anything another emo does or touches. They think anyone who is emo and famous is gorgeous. They blow everything out of proportion and they think Shecter is the best thing ever when they've never touched the ****ing guitar.

They ruin things for people that absolutely cannot stand their presence.
hmm....normally I don't assume things about people over the internet, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your are most definitely not a Humanist.

Believe it or not, but there are Emo people in Connecticut. In fact, I'm willing to be they're people like that in every state in the US, and in dozens of countries all over the world. It isn't that they don't live near me, it's that I don't hate people based on how they dress, what music they listen to, or how they choose to live their lives.

Quote by randomhero93
i've seen that. it's an anniversary model. idk for what year but it's probably like a 25th anniversary of hellraisers. i played one at GC and all i could tell the diferrences were are cosmetic

Yeh, that's where I saw it, I think it's a little lighter then the Blackjack... I was like "That looks weird...", then I was like, "who put them pickups in it?" So I went up to it and saw the headstock and was all like ""

...Seriously, how cool would it be to fight crime with that???
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I'm not going to tell you not to get it, but I am going to give you certain models to try out too, because Schecter necks are a love/hate affair.

LTD H-1001
LTD MH-1000
LTD EC-1000

^All of these you can get with Duncans.

Ibanez S470DXQM with a pickup change. It's a great guitar and you'll have enough cash left over to get whatever pickups you want.
Quote by leftyace
hmm....normally I don't assume things about people over the internet, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess your are most definitely not a Humanist.

Believe it or not, but there are Emo people in Connecticut. In fact, I'm willing to be they're people like that in every state in the US, and in dozens of countries all over the world. It isn't that they don't live near me, it's that I don't hate people based on how they dress, what music they listen to, or how they choose to live their lives.

I actually could be seen as a humanist. I have no problem with people, I have no problem with there clothing (which I've never said I did) and I have no problem with the way they live there lives. I only have a problem with people who do... ugh **** it.

You're never going to see this from my perspective.
Quote by DragTheWaters11

OK, I know I've been helping you in your thread, but this statement makes you seem like a metal elitist, not your other guitarist.

I use a Schecter, I paid £400 for it and it is amazing. I didn't think about who else uses them, I played it, liked it and bought it.

TS, if I were you I would buy a Schecter, because I love them, but play some of the other guitars in your price range. You never know what you might find. Have fun
Quote by SilentHeaven109
OK, I know I've been helping you in your thread, but this statement makes you seem like a metal elitist, not your other guitarist.

I use a Schecter, I paid £400 for it and it is amazing. I didn't think about who else uses them, I played it, liked it and bought it.

TS, if I were you I would buy a Schecter, because I love them, but play some of the other guitars in your price range. You never know what you might find. Have fun

Okay dude, if you say. I know I say some odd things at times, and honestly I don't know why I said that earlier, however I actually don't like them. And that's not because I'm a "metal elitist", it's just because I don't like them. They're not my style.

And for the record, if the other guitarist was here he'd be bashing the hell out of anything he doesn't like. He'd probably go into the threads of bands he doesn't like and say "this band sucks so bad"
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Okay dude, if you say. I know I say some odd things at times, and honestly I don't know why I said that earlier, however I actually don't like them. And that's not because I'm a "metal elitist", it's just because I don't like them. They're not my style.

OK then, fair enough. Everyone's allowed opinions on guitars, I just have a thing against random emo bashing when it's really not necessary. If they want to wear KISS T-shirts and not actually listen to KISS, as you said, that's up to them, it really doesn't affect me or you at all
Quote by SilentHeaven109
OK then, fair enough. Everyone's allowed opinions on guitars, I just have a thing against random emo bashing when it's really not necessary. If they want to wear KISS T-shirts and not actually listen to KISS, as you said, that's up to them, it really doesn't affect me or you at all

Ehh. Well like I said things get on my nerves easily and stuff like that just ticks me off for some reason. I mean.. it makes no sense why someone would wear a shirt from a band they don't even like.
Quote by SilentHeaven109

I've already tried it, he doesn't care.

I have no problem with people,

This is why I absolutely hate them!

Quote by leftyace

Lol, you did get me on that one, but I meant it more as "people in general". I mean, I'm not racist, I'm not sexist, I don't beat people up for being different. I just really hate emo's, must be from being around them for so long and hearing them talk about the same things all the time.

It just really bugs me. Kind of like jocks, I don't hate them.. far from hate them, some of them are the coolest people I know, but they get away with everything. Really bothers me. I don't know if saying I absolutely hate them, maybe "can't stand them" is a better phrase. I just get bothered really easy and seeing it happen over and over for years just drives me insane lol
What does everyone think about the less expensive Schecters? Like the Damien or Omen
I hate my sig
Quote by DragTheWaters11
it makes no sense why someone would wear a shirt from a band they don't even like.

They like the shirt maybe, that is pretty f***ing cool...

Quote by leftyace

I know, but I'm a bit bored tbh
Quote by DragTheWaters11
Lol, you did get me on that one, but I meant it more as "people in general". I mean, I'm not racist, I'm not sexist, I don't beat people up for being different. I just really hate emo's, must be from being around them for so long and hearing them talk about the same things all the time.

It just really bugs me. Kind of like jocks, I don't hate them.. far from hate them, some of them are the coolest people I know, but they get away with everything. Really bothers me. I don't know if saying I absolutely hate them, maybe "can't stand them" is a better phrase.

Hooray for not beating people! +1

^ Lol. I'm not entirely sure whether you're mocking me or what there.

Quote by SilentHeaven109

They like the shirt maybe, that is pretty f***ing cool...

I know, but I'm a bit bored tbh

Understandable, but the same people came in dressed (make-up and all) one day for the "costume" day in our school.
theres nothing wrong with a good hellraiser if you ask me, i say go for it dude, and they are made in the same factory as the ltd's only they have more eye candy for your money
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by QuantumMechanix
What does everyone think about the less expensive Schecters? Like the Damien or Omen

Decent for the price I suppose. Schecters are usually solid at any price range. Not necesarily excellent guitars, but solid and dependable. I think theres an Omen at my local store, next time I got there I'll make a point to try it out.

Quote by DragTheWaters11
Understandable, but the same people came in dressed (make-up and all) one day for the "costume" day in our school.

I think my argument about it looking cool still stands here
Quote by leftyace
Decent for the price I suppose. Schecters are usually solid at any price range. Not necesarily excellent guitars, but solid and dependable. I think theres an Omen at my local store, next time I got there I'll make a point to try it out.

I might either get a Schecter or an Ibanez. Still deciding...
I hate my sig
Quote by SilentHeaven109

I think my argument about it looking cool still stands here

They were girls, and did a horrid job on the makeup? O_o lol

Lets just leave it at that. Don't even bother responding to this.
Quote by QuantumMechanix
I might either get a Schecter or an Ibanez. Still deciding...

If you want a super thin unfinished neck then ya, an RG might be better for you. But if you don't mind a neck thats a bit thicker and painted than a mid/high range Schecter may fit you just as well.

I'm sorry to jack the thread, kind of, but i didn't want to start a new one just for the sake of this 1 question. Where can i TRY Schecter guitars in the UK? I am aware of various internet companies who stock them, but seeing as i am potentially looking at spending on average £700 on this guitar (I'm looking at a C-1 classic) i don't want to blind buy anything...
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Quote by Darkpagey
I'm sorry to jack the thread, kind of, but i didn't want to start a new one just for the sake of this 1 question. Where can i TRY Schecter guitars in the UK? I am aware of various internet companies who stock them, but seeing as i am potentially looking at spending on average £700 on this guitar (I'm looking at a C-1 classic) i don't want to blind buy anything...

You gonna spend £700 on a bloody schecter??? Dude, you could get this:
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/rr-5/1256

Which is without ANY doubt ALOT(!!!!!) better.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Page 1 of 2