Here's my new axe. Just got this in today. Douglas Spad. 24 Fret, Mahogany body and neck, T.O.M bridge and Grover 18-1 tuners, reverse headstock. Its very similar to my Schecter C-1. Plays great, the only problem I have are the EMG select pickups. They've got to go. Not enough output for me. Seymour Duncan is calling my name

Here's the Douglas and Schecter beside each other. Not much difference except the headstock. The necks even feel very similar.
Congrats man, it will be awhile before i can celibate NGD.
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
i like, HNGD
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
that is one sexy guitar!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
If theyre that similar then why buy it? you should buy more guitars to cover greater ranges of sound, not the same thing over and over.
Quote by Dio10101
Thats a beautiful guitar. How much did that cost ya?

Would you believe me if I told you $217.00 shipped
Quote by Matt420740
Would you believe me if I told you $217.00 shipped

Does that include the Grovers and the TOM?
Quote by Toker420
If theyre that similar then why buy it? you should buy more guitars to cover greater ranges of sound, not the same thing over and over.

Maybe because I like those kind of guitars. And if you didn't notice in the last pic you can see part of my Ibanez on the wall. I also have a Flying V and a Jackson Warrior. So don't tell me what I need to do - " you should buy more guitars to cover greater ranges of sound" When you know nothing about me.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by BanthaFadr
Does that include the Grovers and the TOM?

Yep. $199 before shipping.
Quote by Matt420740
Maybe because I like those kind of guitars. And if you didn't notice in the last pic you can see my Ibanez on the wall. I also have a Flying V and a Jackson Warrior. So don't tell me what I need to do - " you should buy more guitars to cover greater ranges of sound" When you know nothing about me.

uh son you need to chill out. and if you like those kind then buy the best one of that kind. youre wasting money doing what youre doing and being as poor as i am its offensive.
Quote by Toker420
uh son you need to chill out. and if you like those kind then buy the best one of that kind. youre wasting money doing what youre doing and being as poor as i am its offensive.

I'm not your son.

You don't have to have a $2000 guitar, or the "best" as you say, for it to sound and play good. And I don't have a lot of money to blow either with a family to keep up, which is why I don't buy top of the line instruments. I'm sorry if thats offensive to you.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Nov 7, 2009,
Nice one! I was thinking about getting one of those in the purple or black color.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
I'd buy one in purple...Damn, it looks like papa needs to get himself a new guitar.

That really is a beauty, despite what toker420 has said...it's not really wasting your money if you enjoy what you're buying. As long as you're comfortable, and you know what you want, I see no problem.

Good on ya, nice guitar!
That is one sexy beast. :drools:
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Nice,really does have a shape similar to the C-1. HNGD!
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
HNGD!

I wish they made this in a 7-string version (fixed bridge, reverse headstock, etc.)
Quote by Noob Shrederr
HNGD hows it sound?

It sounds great. The pickups are a little weak, and too bright. But thats going to be fixed soon. Unplugged it has a very nice tone to it.
how does the neck feel? you said similar to your schecter, but what's different?

also, does the hardware look reliable etc.?
It's all about feel
Quote by hopespaul
how does the neck feel? you said similar to your schecter, but what's different?

also, does the hardware look reliable etc.?

As far as thickness and feel I haven't been able to tell any difference between the Schecter and this. I actually think the neck joint feels better on the Douglas though. They are both set necks with contoured heels, but the Douglas feels better rounded there, and smoother. Hardware is good. I opened the control cavity and the wiring is nice and neat. Pots work good, selector switch isn't noisy, the tuners are Grover 18-1. The only thing lacking is the EMG Selects.
Love that binding.
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Nice! HNGD, I got a Douglas WRL several months ago as a gift but it sounded and played so nice I KEPT IT! LOL They really make a great guitar for the money I am sure you will be happy with it.

John
Quote by somedude789
Congrats man, it will be awhile before i can celibate NGD.

i have the same problem , but congrats , i like the shape of the guitar
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
I love it great looking guitar! I have a different Douglas with EMG HZ in my I think they got some decent sound but I use a lot of gain and distortion. Try one of those overdrive pedals you might add some balls to the sound.

John
Quote by johnro6659
I love it great looking guitar! I have a different Douglas with EMG HZ in my I think they got some decent sound but I use a lot of gain and distortion. Try one of those overdrive pedals you might add some balls to the sound.

John

Thanks for the advice. But I already installed a Seymour Duncan in the bridge. So problem solved
Its got ****ty EMG Selects. Id get those replaced ASAP.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
My friend has a Douglas Spad Pro in the same color. Great guitar. I love my WR-340. My only complaint on the spad is the access in the higher frets isnt as great as I though it would be with the neck thru. But o well!
Have a super dooper aliooper pooper scooper paratrooper new guitar day!
Nice guitar! I'm dying to get my hands on a Douglas WRL 590 in red.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...