Entering my first real experience of work for pay in 5mins. Something part time of course at the current moment.

At the moment i'm guessing i'll be a KP which is okay, i prefer to be hands on then deal with complaining people. (this is at a resteraunt obvously)-spelling blah, needing to go. wish me luck

Anyone remember there first experience of work?
Good luck My first work experience involved a boss who hired us to clean the windows, complained about how much her boss was yelling about dirty windows, and then sent us to work with a janitor vacuuming and cleaning desks

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Ya I hauled rocks for the local newspaper.
Good luck man and congrats on finding a job.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
yeah, my first job was "managing the database" of a shoe shop in my home town, which unfortunately also consisted of all physical labor that needed to be done, such as carrying 10000 flyers 5 blocks away.

I learned alot from that job (don't trust female bosses)
I was a bus boy at Texas Roadhouse. Lessons learned:

1. If a waitress who you know for a fact is older than you asks you how old you are, lie.
2. If roaches fall from the ceiling, kill them before they make it to the customers.
3. Peanut dust irritates your eyes and throat in a manner similar to fiberglass.
4. The Dominican dish washer will try to borrow your phone every night.
5. Never eat at Texas Roadhouse. Ever.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
I kept my first job for a total of 6 years. Started at minimum wage scooping ice cream, ended up co-managing with one of my good friends all during high school. It was probably my best job so far.

But god did I lose weight after moving on. Free ice cream = terribly chubby.
Quote by Here_is_no_why

5. Never eat at Texas Roadhouse. Ever.

Even the delicious ribs?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Technically, I've never had paid employment; I've spent the summer volunteering at a charity shop in the hope that it'll help me get a real job soon, and I delivered almost 3000 envelopes around my town for the council in my dad's name (for various reasons). However, he's giving me all the money he gets for it, so it kinda counts I suppose
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
I was a KP at a local petrol station, and by KP, I mean dogsbody. Earned £3 p/h and worked with mainly bitter, bitter old women.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by GHJ
I was a KP at a local petrol station, and by KP, I mean dogsbody. Earned £3 p/h and worked with mainly bitter, bitter old women.

you can make sooo much with bitter, bitter old women, depending on how hard you're willing to work
I worked in "park care" or what ever you call it. Basically you spend all day on your knees removing weeds from gardens and mown lawns.

Not sure if that was my first experience, it was either that or when I was a chef intern. I basically chopped stuff and did all the dirty work. My boss didn't like me at all because I didn't do everything with a smile. For my last day he handed me like 10 kgs of onions and said "afer you've peeled these you can go home.". I peeled them alright... crying my entire way through it
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sweet!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by BassmasterGreg
Well, it went quite well.

And i've been guaranteed some shifts there.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
Even the delicious ribs?

Good God, man! The only thing safe there are the fried chicken pieces. Even then, it's iffy.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by El3ment380
Whats a KP? just curious. I was a busboy it was fun

Dish washer basicaly. But it does depend-i think-on the size of the restaurant. Seeing how i live ina small village, the one i'm working in is fairly small. Had 4 people on incuding me-in the kitchen.

So i also will have to do the odd chef job like-crushing the tatties for the pies, helping the chefs if one of them directs you two.
Clening everything down at the end,draining the dishwasher,wiping the surfaces,drying the dishes,mopping and drying he floor.

It was a quiet evening though, quite lucky to start my trial night on it.
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Sep 9, 2009,
Quote by BassmasterGreg
Dish washer basicaly. But it does depend-i think-on the size of the restaurant. Seeing how i live ina small village, the one i'm working in is fairly small. Had 4 people on incuding me-in the kitchen.

So i also will have to do the odd chef job like-crushing the tatties for the pies, helping the chefs if one of them directs you two.
Clening everything down at the end,draining the dishwasher,wiping the surfaces,drying the dishes,mopping and drying he floor.

It was a quiet evening though, quite lucky to start my trial night on it.

Cool man. I started my first job last week.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Good God, man! The only thing safe there are the fried chicken pieces. Even then, it's iffy.

Next time I decide I want TR's delicious ribs, I'll have to forget I spoke to you.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa