Page 1 of 4
well, Im from Chile, they're not a well known band here but here on UG they're flamed all the time
i don't like Nickelback at all but i wanted to understand
why do you hate them?
Hola.
Last edited by luyano at Sep 9, 2009,
Because Nickelback fans can't make proper titles.

EDIT: Seeing as how you aren't a Nickelback fan...Nickelback rule
I don't hate them

I think they make mainstream rock, and are unfortunately waaaay overplayed (the guitarist of the band has said himself he can't stand hearing some of their songs anymore), so they're good with me
I thought they were very good when had their first hits. The guys voice just gets annoying after a while
Quote by charliezard!
They're awful, they're extremely generic, and all their songs sound the same.

no, wait.... that would be AC/DC, one of the most revered rock bands of all time.
chad Kroeger's voice

it cuts through me like a dentist's drill. i dont know why but it does

it doesn't help that they are the masters of reworking their own songs as new songs, so you paying for the same song at least twice, which kinda seems dishonest, especially when you change the titles and lyrics but not the music or chord progressions
Because when I look at this photgraph
Every time it makes me laugh
At the horribly cliche ridden lyrics
And the singer who looks a bit like Jesus, but isn't as cool as the J-man.
becuzz they r gheeeey olol

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Ive always liked them. not my favorite but I like em. Saw them in concert on there last tour and they were awesome!
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by CoreysMonster
no, wait.... that would be AC/DC, one of the most revered rock bands of all time.

What are you talking about.
That is clearly not true.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by charliezard!
They're awful, they're extremely generic, and all their songs sound the same.

Is it just me or does everyone say this exact same thing about any band they don't like?

I don't hate Nickelback to be honest, i've got one of their albums and I enjoy listening to it, it's not ground breaking material, but I respect the band for their hard work and success.
Quote by CoreysMonster

I would agree to both.
well, probably for the same reasons you dont like them.
how they're very generic, overplayed and in the eyes of most people, "sold out"...

however, i do like some of their songs, but overall, i wouldnt say im a fan, just because they're pretty boring, never do anything really different and maybe this is just me, but the singers voice gets on my nerves after a while.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Oh too bad angus young is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. Who do you like, nickelback?
Quote by aaciseric
Is it just me or does everyone say this exact same thing about any band they don't like?

I don't hate Nickelback to be honest, i've got one of their albums and I enjoy listening to it, it's not ground breaking material, but I respect the band for their hard work and success.

seriously, they're popular and make "okay" music, why does everyone call them the worst rock band ever???
Their singles are crap imo, but the more upbeat songs have pretty cool riffs in 'em
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by CoreysMonster
seriously, they're popular and make "okay" music, why does everyone call them the worst rock band ever???

Mainstream popularity = instant hate by the elitists of UG.

As an 05er you definitely know this.
the reason everyone flames them is that they are popular. everyone has different reasons for disliking them, but flames them solely because they are popular.

i'd like to add that i agree with CoreysMonster regarding AC/DC.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
I reckon people hate them for one thing: Rockstar! Just a terrible, mainstream pop disaster...

I actually like most of their other stuff, songs like Follow You Home and Flat On The Floor are absolute stormers, to be perfectly honest. Pity that the ballads are soooo overplayed...
Quote by El3ment380
Oh too bad angus young is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. Who do you like, nickelback?

actually I like nickelback, meshuggah, necrophagist, Zeppelin and Tool, but not AC/DC.
I've played piano for over 15 years and guitar for over 8 years, so I think my opinion is pretty valid when I say I find Nickelback's music displays a bigger dynamic range than AC/DC's music ever has.

it's an OPINION, btw.

alot of the songs on te nickelback albums are pretty damn cool, unfortunately, as the guy a couple of posts above me said, their ballads are WAAAAAY overplayed (to the extent where even the band members are sick of their own songs)

the fault is with management and the radio stations, not with the band or their songs.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 9, 2009,
*reported*

Bands & Artists, or better yet, save us the flamewar.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

No, guys. I swear. People hate Nickelback because they suck.
That's the reason. For real. They are awful.
Quote by KeepOnRotting

ah, sorry, I forgot

I've been with intelligent, mature people for too long, my standards are too high
Nickelback is hated because their horrible songs are played the most, while all the other songs that may actually be good is just tossed aside and forgotten.

As for AC/DC, they are pretty generic. However, they have a certain vibe that appeals to a lot of people (including myself).

but Angus Young is by no means one of the greatest guitarists ever. Not now, not ever. He just knew how to play the right stuff to fit their songs.

Guitarist of a popular band =/= Great guitarist
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
what a lot of people dont realize is how natural the lead singers voice is on their albums. they use the minimal amount of voice changers possible. i happen to like their well known stuff less than their less know stuff but they are still one of my favorite bands
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

I'm not so keen on them as they have "morales" and their songs have a message. I tend to only like bands that don't really have any kind of agenda aside from the music.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
I've got no problem with Nickelback tbh
I think one of the problems is the really soft, ballads are released as singles not their heavier or at least rocky stuff (Animals, Flat on the Floor, Next Go Round) and because they're associated with very heavy bands cause of they're signing to Roadrunner, and yet soft songs are released as singles.
Quote by xMetalGodx
Nickelback is hated because their horrible songs are played the most, while all the other songs that may actually be good is just tossed aside and forgotten.

As for AC/DC, they are pretty generic. However, they have a certain vibe that appeals to a lot of people (including myself).

but Angus Young is by no means one of the greatest guitarists ever. Not now, not ever. He just knew how to play the right stuff to fit their songs.

Guitarist of a popular band =/= Great guitarist

True ...AC/DC is one of the most generic bands of all time ...i mean ..whatever you say ...all Angus does is keep playing those crunchy power chords . But I think the reason why AC/DC is not hated is cuz ...they made something different when they came out ...back in those days what AC/DC was offering was something fresh and new ...Nickel Back is not a band that has offers something new ...
Quote by KeepOnRotting

I used to like some of their songs, YEARS ago. But now they just sounds the same. Same tone, same riffs, same singing and their lyrics are dead awful imo. Has nothing to do with eliteists. Nickelback just sucks by in my opinion
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by inlovewithmusic
...back in those days what AC/DC was offering was something fresh and new ...Nickel Back is not a band that has offers something new ...

Agreed.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Because that voice cuts through me like the St. Anger snare drum.

TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK x Infinity.

Where's your god now?!
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
Quote by SilentHeaven109
I reckon people hate them for one thing: Rockstar! Just a terrible, mainstream pop disaster...

I actually like most of their other stuff, songs like Follow You Home and Flat On The Floor are absolute stormers, to be perfectly honest. Pity that the ballads are soooo overplayed...

One of writers wrote a piece for XtremeMusic titled - "Nickelback Vs Theory Of A Deadman " and we used that song in the post just to piss people off.

http://xtrememusic.net/theory-of-a-deadman-vs-nickelback

Personally, I don't hate Nickelback, I think they made some cools tunes and like their thick instrument tones. You know they play Mesa Boogie
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Page 1 of 4