Hi,

I'm thinking of ways to get a rounder, fuller and heavier sound.
I play with a fender tele and a hughes and kettner tube 50 with greenback cab.
So what I've already bought is a:

Little 59 SD single coil humbucker and boss EQ.

Can you add some ideas in what I should buy?

Whats the best OD pedal to give you a good and fat boost?
Should I get a compressor?

Or do you have another Idea?

Thanks for helping

cheers
Hendrik
i think im in the same boat with my new vox...its a 4 watt..and i think i want a compressor...but im not familiar with them...im building an oc2 off of byoc.com and its gonna be all that fattness
Gear:
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
Standard Tele
Ltd EC-400
Boss Super Chorus
Cry Baby
15" MacBook Pro
Akai MPD 24
Quote by nick777
i think im in the same boat with my new vox...its a 4 watt..and i think i want a compressor...but im not familiar with them...im building an oc2 off of byoc.com and its gonna be all that fattness

an OC2 is that an octaver or a compressor?
Quote by guitarskater11
They have a pedal called a Fat Boost..check that out?

I know, but I've heard it gives you a good volume boost but it's not that good on an already overdriven channel.
I also don't know much shops who have them in stock, so I'm looking for some other options.
i like compressors a lot. its a more subtle altercation to your tone but can provide a lot of variety
Quote by vigenharutyunya
hmm id say may be get the Digitech Screamin Blues,, it's a good overdrive pedal.. could be used as a booster and has got 2 band EQ so...

Well, My budget is really stretchable so, I think I can do a little better.
I'm looking at ocd, fat boost, blackstar boost, EHX muff'n, that kind of stuff
Humbuckers give the fuller sound. Not sure what kind of tele you have, but you wont get the fullness of a humbucker with a single coil.

Now, when you say full and heavy: what do you mean? full and heavy asin machine head full and heavy, or we talking a rock tone?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
barber tone press compressor
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Quote by ZoSo_bc89
i like compressors a lot. its a more subtle altercation to your tone but can provide a lot of variety

Could you explain a little please?
altercation as in more sustain or a fuller tone?
and how do you mean variety?
Quote by pigeonmafia
Humbuckers give the fuller sound. Not sure what kind of tele you have, but you wont get the fullness of a humbucker with a single coil.

Now, when you say full and heavy: what do you mean? full and heavy asin machine head full and heavy, or we talking a rock tone?

In the discription I just said I recently bought a humbucker for my tele (seymour duncan little 59) machine head Is really what I'm not searching for, I mean full as in tool, mastodon, isis, cult of luna, and I really lik my cleans, so it would be used as a boost for my heavy channel
Quote by vigenharutyunya
Hmm well then go for the Metal Muff Top boost or if you are more in Rock get the Big Muff... they can really get fat!!!

Well, I'm not looking for a distortion pedal.
I like the tone my amp gives, and I can really cranck it all the way.
But I just want to be able to kind of mod my tone to my full satisfaction.
Quote by henis
In the discription I just said I recently bought a humbucker for my tele (seymour duncan little 59) machine head Is really what I'm not searching for, I mean full as in tool, mastodon, isis, cult of luna, and I really lik my cleans, so it would be used as a boost for my heavy channel

haha yeah, sorry, only saw the single coil bit

Well, I'm not great with overdrive etc, so I'm going to quickly bow out of this thread
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by henis
an OC2 is that an octaver or a compressor?

sorry dude...od2
Gear:
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
Standard Tele
Ltd EC-400
Boss Super Chorus
Cry Baby
15" MacBook Pro
Akai MPD 24