Page 1 of 2
Ok, for my GCSE English class i had to write a short story. The piece is 3 1/2 pages long and adopts Tom Clancy's style i.e. Tell two stories and they meet at the end. The story is about terrorism and the feelings of both terrorists themselves and also a British man who is part of the BNP. Anyway, they meet on the day of the 7/7 bombings. They are both stood next to each other waiting for a train. In the piece i constantly refer to the terrorist as "He" rather than give him a name to symbolise the way on which many review every person from the Middle East as the same and don't recognise the good people of their societies. Anyway, at the end i'm describing the race of emotions going through "His" mind except my teacher wants me to give him a name right at the end. Reluctantly, i guess i should (would stand up for my creative ideas but considering it's for school it's all about the marks) so i need your help for a name. Obviously something of Arabic origins, something rather sinister. Fire away.
Geoff.

/thread
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
MWAHAHA I finished my GCSEs but now doing AS which is MUCH Harder.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
mohammed
or
batman
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Osama Bin Ladin

/thread
Quote by InvaderTSN
Guess that safe wasn't really safe after all.

/bad joke

Quote by strat0blaster
They're in Virginia. It doesn't surprise me.

Have you ever lived in Virginia?

y yes i do live in virginia
NoVA

RIP Heaven's Gate
Batman
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
But seriously, to find a name for someone of a different culture it's usually easiest to go on Wiki and look at articles on that country and look at the names of people.
Harry Harrington.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

Same
Quote by MadClownDisease
Towelhead McFreedomhater

Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y

Mwhaha I finished my AS and am doing my A2 which is even harder than that.

Other than that not sure what he should be called
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Wow, what profound racism.

I think you should keep his identity unknown. I think giving him a name at any point encourages the reader to relate with & think about who he is, but it's what he stands for and what he does that is important.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Wait, so this character is one of the people who attacked London on 7/7?

Well that narrows your choice down to four names...

Hasib Hussain, Mohammad Sidique Khan, Germaine Lindsay and Shehzad Tanweer.

Nothing wrong with using the actual names.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by Sonny_sam
Wow, what profound racism.

I think you should keep his identity unknown. I think giving him a name at any point encourages the reader to relate with & think about who he is, but it's what he stands for and what he does that is important.

I agree. Making a point of not naming him all the way through, then naming him at the end is a bit of a cop-out, especially given your reasons for not naming him in the first place.

I did something similar in my GCSE coursework, only instead of terrorists I had students. It was a series of short stories based around what happens in block flats as you drive by outside, and I left them anonymous originally because a) if you were driving past you wouldn't know their names, and b) I couldn't be arsed naming them. I ended up naming them in the end though, because dialogue between four anonymous characters can be confusing to write.

EDIT: My original suggestion stands.
If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Quote by DigUpHerBones
I love you and think I just about understood what you said. Cheers.

Like Pokémon? Like threads?
Quote by deathsquirrel
I agree. Making a point of not naming him all the way through, then naming him at the end is a bit of a cop-out, especially given your reasons for not naming him in the first place.

I did something similar in my GCSE coursework, only instead of terrorists I had students. It was a series of short stories based around what happens in block flats as you drive by outside, and I left them anonymous originally because a) if you were driving past you wouldn't know their names, and b) I couldn't be arsed naming them. I ended up naming them in the end though, because dialogue between four anonymous characters can be confusing to write.

EDIT: My original suggestion stands.

Yeah, but unless it's clear you're making a point about how ill-informed people view all people of such cultures, then you just sound like you're another East-bashing hate-monkey following the tabloids.
Jean Charles de Menezes

I'm going to hell

Edit: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- Damn you deathsquirrel
Last edited by creelers at Sep 9, 2009,
Bill O'reilly
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Page 1 of 2