I found some guitar body blanks on ebay made of peach tree timber for a fairly reasonable price, does anybody have experience with peach tree timber used in guitars? i can't say i've ever heard of it whatsoever, I'm assuming it's a fancy name for a rubbish wood? or one of those woods like Pine that is a really good tone wood but people seem to overlook it.

body
It might give an amazing Led Zeppelin tone especially songs like Tangerine and The Lemon song because of the fruit wood.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
No such thing as a bad wood (unless its damaged of course).
People genarally have preferences to certain woods (maple, mahogany, rosewood etc) but when building custim guitars try out diffrent things, you never know what you may find, could be the next breakthrough in guitar manufacture, or a complete flop.

I say try it out
Quote by Invader Jim
I'm thinking it may sound like pear or some other fruitwood.

i.e. bad

Maybe try the tonewood thread?

will do

Quote by Zigler9
It might give an amazing Led Zeppelin tone especially songs like Tangerine and The Lemon song because of the fruit wood.

good un ¬¬
Quote by Zigler9

Quote by Schism1985
The fruit wood would be especially desirable if you tour or gig a lot because if you ever get thirsty you can grind it up into a cool, refreshing smoothie.

ಠ_ಠ

Ok, I'll go ahead and close this now...TS, if you have any further questions, go ahead and ask them in the wood thread.