Hi guys, basically as title...
Need to do a 20 minute performance, the exam board is Edexcel.
Last year i did the good old Little Wing and Always With Me.
So far i think im going do to Lenny - SRV & Tender Surrender - Vai.
The pieces need to be of about grade 6-7 standard, any suggestions welcome

Ta
anything by Vai will be fine, especially tender surrender.
be careful though, i did For The Love Of God for my GCSE Mock last year and they said it wasn't enough, so be careful you dont get an idiot examiner who doesn't know the music properly >=(
Quote by flamster
Yes I AM jealous.

^ about me
-Scarified (Always scores well)
-Stockholm Syndrome
-Anything Santana as long as you get you're tone down

All i could think of, sorry.
I'll be playing through microcube > tube screamer > wah if needed so tone shouldnt be dire, but id rather play clean stuff like lenny.. just a generally nicer sound through a smaller amp.
Quote by bananarama_man
anything by Vai will be fine, especially tender surrender.
be careful though, i did For The Love Of God for my GCSE Mock last year and they said it wasn't enough, so be careful you dont get an idiot examiner who doesn't know the music properly >=(

haha for our GCSE the difficulty of the piece only counts for three marks out of thirty and anything harder than grade 4 doesnt make a difference. so you could could play smells like teen spirit, lose one mark for difficulty and so get 29/30 (assuming you played it perfectly) and therefore get an A*
Quote by Rupert1616
haha for our GCSE the difficulty of the piece only counts for three marks out of thirty and anything harder than grade 4 doesnt make a difference. so you could could play smells like teen spirit, lose one mark for difficulty and so get 29/30 (assuming you played it perfectly) and therefore get an A*

I hear you, i got an A* in GCSE (no, it's not A2 but i assume the grading is similar) for Seek and Destroy without a solo.
Fire and fury - Firewind ?
Guitar - Music Man John Petrucci X

Amp - Ronald cube 60, willing be getting a Mark V soon
im doing A2 music aswell

im going with

Unmillitary Two-step - Rory Gallagher
Cause we've Ended as Lovers - Jeff Beck
Lenny - SRV
Far Beyond The Sun - Yngwie Malmsteen

adds up to almost exactly 20 minutes
Good luck mate, those are canny choices imo. Beck will be hard to cover nicely though imo!
Do Octavarium by Dream Theater

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
So far im thinking,
Lenny,
Tears In the Rain,
Classical Gas,
Summer Song
Cause We've Ended up lovers...