So my budget is around $800 US, but I can stretch it a little if needed.

I play an LTD Ec-1000 with an EMG 60 in the neck and 81 in the bridge.

I play anything from between the buried and me perpetual groove... So I need to be able to get relatively brutal distortion to passable cleans (keeping in mind that I have EMG's) and light classic rock-y crunch.

I may be gigging with this amp, but I would probably end up mic'ing it up anyway... And tone is much more important to me than loudness.

I would be willing to buy an OD or something to push it into modern metal territory if needed.

Right now I was thinking of getting a HT-5 with a blackstar 1X10 cabs and a HT-DISTX and a MXR EQ... which seems pretty affordable and I've seen a lot of good things about it.

However I'm also considering:
Marshall Haze
Vox Night train
Peavey valveking
The store near my house also has a used H+K switchblade too so I guess that's an option.

I'm open to basically everything though.

Thanks a lot.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Check out an Orange Tiny Terror, or possibly the Orange Dual Terror. Both have great cleans and are capable of some pretty heavy distortion.

The Orange Dual Terror has two channels, so you can probably switch between them. For the Tiny Terror, you might just want to set a good clean tone and then push it into distortion with an OD Pedal/Gain Booster.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Sep 9, 2009,
Peavey Classic 30 + OD? I've heard good things about this setup and it sounds pretty good from what I hear on zer interwebz.
Quote by Xeron Brigs
Check out an Orange Tiny Terror, or possibly the Orange Dual Terror. Both have great cleans and are capable of some pretty heavy distortion.

Edit: The Orange Dual Terror has two channels, so you can probably switch between them. For the Tiny Terror, you might just want to set a good clean tone and then push it into distortion with an OD Pedal/Gain Booster.

They're not that versatile, mainly due to the lack of an fx loop.

Look for a peavey windsor head (if they still sell them??). Very cheap, good tone. Use an EQ pedal to get cleans. I think they have an FX loop
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by FischmungaXTR
They're not that versatile, mainly due to the lack of an fx loop.

Look for a peavey windsor head (if they still sell them??). Very cheap, good tone. Use an EQ pedal to get cleans. I think they have an FX loop

i have a windsor and i think its great, but how do you use an eq pedal for cleans? i have the amp set dirty and roll back volume, but idk exactly what to do with the eq pedal.... but to answer your question, the windsor isnt very versatile as far as great cleans go, but if your looking to hard rock or dirty blues type overdrive, its great for what you want
and yes, it does have the fx loop
Last edited by guns_rosesldb at Sep 9, 2009,
what about a krank rev jr?
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Quote by c0m2011
what about a krank rev jr?

if its the PRO one then go for it.

the cleans are decent tho
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
New: Hughes & Kettner 25th Anniversary Edition Tube
Egnater Rebel 30
Traynor YCV50 Blue

Used: many options, maybe try looking for an ENGL Thunder or Screamer.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
Low watt: Vox Night Train + OD
High watt: Bugera 6262
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Carvin mts or legacy
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
KRANK REV JR pro. I've got the 50 watt version. If your going to mic it up the 50 watter is overkill. I'd go for the 20 watts and save the money. Compact, very versatile with great tone.
Quote by KRANK ADDICT
KRANK REV JR pro. I've got the 50 watt version. If your going to mic it up the 50 watter is overkill. I'd go for the 20 watts and save the money. Compact, very versatile with great tone.

Haha would you be offended if I discounted you because you seem a little bit biased? Given the chemical dependency on the amp you suggested.
Quote by mountain2012

Gear:

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Used Mark III,IV
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Sorry for my addiction. This is my latest high. I'm strung out on KRANK right now. I'm open minded to other addictions. I just haven't found a better buzz right now.