Page 1 of 2
For me, its the Boss DD-6. Ive heard a lot of complaints about its bright repeats, sterility, lack of convenient tap tempo, and bypass, but I cant help but love this thing. It thickens my tone very well and makes everything sound much more fluid. Also, I like the bright repeats

So Im sure some of you at least have or have played a piece of gear that you liked despite it being supposedly 'bad.' Lets hear what you think!
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
My MG's cleans are good for jazz and its distortion, when paired with an overdrive or two, makes for a wicked horrible sounding fuzz.

I also genuinely like my Valveking.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
alot pof people dont like the spider IIIs, but i played a 'microspider' which is like 6 watts and it was actually quite alright.

i probably wouldnt buy one though.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Digitech Bad Monkey

many people like this, its one of the best budget Overdrives around IMHO

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
alot pof people dont like the spider IIIs, but i played a 'microspider' which is like 6 watts and it was actually quite alright.

i probably wouldnt buy one though.

On the subject of Spiders, while I generally dont like them at all, playing on the Insane setting with boadloads of gain and mids with some delay and my Strats neck pickup nets a surprisingly cool, extremely fuzzy lead tone. Not exactly a 'good' tone, but it does sound pretty cool
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
My Behringer D-400
very sterile sounding, but means I can create some really interesting noise from it
and dirt cheap
Quote by Silver-spear94
many people like this, its one of the best budget Overdrives around IMHO

There are still many who spit on the Bad Monkey because it says "DigiTech" and not "Ibanez" or "Maxon".
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
I agree about the MG cleans...definitely usable. When I used my MG I used the cleans and a stompbox for distortion and just bypassed the 2nd channel altogether.

I have a Behringer rack tuner in my bass rig that I love. Tunes my 5 and 6 string basses no problem. Most Behringer products (besides their mixers) are usually frowned upon...
A lot of people really don't like the Spider Valves around here, but I think they sound great

*Edit* Really? I thought the MG had one of the worst clean tones I've ever heard. Friend of mine has the halfstack and it's almost unbearable when he plays clean.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 9, 2009,
A lot of vintage MIJ guitars, like Teisco, Kay, Silvertone, etc.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SAD MAFIOSO σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Originally Posted by jgbsmith
Guys, guys - put your penises away, we have a lady in the house!
most ppl HATE the boss OS-2... but theres just this sweet spot when you nail the settings that sounds like an awesome fuzz through my clean channel
have never had a problem with my DD3, like the tone, gives me nice subtle delays, very usable. dont really see a need to change it at the moment. was thinking about the line6 dl4 though, just for the features, some cool stuff on it
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
My Epi les paul special. They are really talked bad about round here. But mine plays great and the sound is very usable
Quote by MatrixClaw

*Edit* Really? I thought the MG had one of the worst clean tones I've ever heard. Friend of mine has the halfstack and it's almost unbearable when he plays clean.

Yeah, the MG cleans are awful in general. The only thing I find okay with them is jazz, and that's for qualities that would normally be bad with other amps' cleans.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
i had a Epi LP special for a while, it sounded pretty good, although the pickups seem to lack definition compared to my V7/8 in my Ibanez.

didnt stay in tune for that long though.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

ss crates. the cleans on these suckers are great. just lacks headroom
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
ss crates. the cleans on these suckers are great. just lacks headroom

YES!... i have a 9 y/o crate GX and that little ****er sounds great (for a cheap SS combo that is)
Quote by MatrixClaw
A lot of people really don't like the Spider Valves around here, but I think they sound great

The 10 watt ones have good cleans, because it's not loud

I personally like the MG cleans, well the ones with the volume at 3 and not more

I also like my BB-2 pedal, it's an ok pedal and it can boost pretty nicely
my DS-1 through my pc speakers sounds so horrible but awesome at the same time, like drinking Mr. T's sweat.
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by Adrian89
I like my digitech grunge a lot, gritty and nasty

Quote by Adrian89's sig
- Digitech grunge ( ****ty )

Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Originally Posted by Adrian89's sig
- Digitech grunge ( ****ty )

before changing my amp I was playing it tru a MG
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Boss SD-1. People say it's harsh, blah blah blah. It's pretty much the only overdrive pedal I've really liked besides Maxon. I also hate how Ibanez Tubescreamers sound, even though everyone else seems to love them.

Also have a love/hate relationship with my DS-2.
I don't consider it bad, but some people may, but schecter guitars. They feel very solid to me, and with the right pickups can sound and feel like $1k+ guitars.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
My Marshall MS-2 mini amp. I like it for its portability.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Epi Les Paul special. I got it used for 50 bucks and the previous owner had installed different pups on it and set it up really well. Plays and sounds great,probably the best deal I've ever happened across.
Yamaha FG-345
Seagull S6
Epi Les Paul

My MG for cleans. Gets a nice jazzy sound. then add a fuzz and its decent for the price i paid for it.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
My Boss DS1. Roll back the tone control on it a bit to get rid of the harshness, put the distortion around 3 o clockish, and it sounds quite decent.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
My little Belcat/Nevada delay pedal. I swear by it, it's the only pedal I'll always keep in my rig, and it's pretty much the only pedal I will use anyway.
I like the Spider Valve and think the Haze head is good with the right cab.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Crate Flexwave GT120. For as cheap as you can pick one of these up, they really aren't that bad. I have had one save the day on several occasions when I didn't have a spare set of tubes handy. They take pedals ok, are loud enough to gig with, sound quality is acceptable in a pinch and you can get them on CL for under $100 if you keep your eyes open. I had to record with one when I lost a tube in my old ultra plus and the positive results blew my mind.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Boss ge-7..comes in very handy
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Boss DS1/DS2/OD3/SD1/OS2/MD2 etc (Excluding the metulz pedulz) - i like them because they are sterile sounding. it's a great way to add a different flavour or more transparent gain to an already characterful tube tone without overdoing it.

I like the new marshall MGs as well. for what they are worth, they are actually quite good practice amps.. a little on the pricey side, for a practice amp of that 'quality', but then again, it's a marshall, so it would be. the only thing i dislike is the fact they seem to consistently have razor-edges on the control knobs that seem like they could cut you - but they don't sound bad at all, comparable to the Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix at least imo (in fact i cannot stand the new VT range from vox - the models all seem so damn fizzy sounding to me, like they took the emulated "tube sizzle" a bit too far).
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Page 1 of 2