i need to play acoustic songs(cancion del mariachi, asturias) but i dont have an acoustic, im playing them with my electric but they dont sound really good, i think its becouse of the strings, and also should i let my fingernails gorw? right know im playing with my fingers and it kinda hurts when i play
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
if you need to play them just borrow a friends guitar or buy an inexpensive one and
if your going to play asturias a classical would sound much better than an acoustic and it'd be easier to play. as for the fingernails,it helps by making the guitar sound louder.
Last edited by exmorbid at Sep 9, 2009,
It's definitely not your strings. You're using the wrong guitar. Although the electric and steel string acoustic are very closely related instruments, you will find that they are completely different beasts. There is no way to make an acoustic piece sound proper through an electric guitar. It just sounds too different.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i got blister in my fingers for playing with my fingers, i use my thumb and index to pick in a like pendulum like motion and anchor my other 2 fingers, im gona try to get finger picks
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
You could always just buy an acoustic and mic it up. Or an acoustic electric. But I know what you mean. My cousin always tries to play acoustic songs on electric and it sounds so bad
I hate my sig
i do finger picking too and you really should let grow your right hand nails (if you are righthanded). It will be easier to pick the strings, your fingertips won't hurt anymore and the sound will be more clear!