I'm about to buy an Ibanez GRG250DX...

And as it's a not very high price guitar I think i'ts pickups will be no big stuff...

So I've got a friend that bought a Lag guitar, and replaced it's H-S-H EMG-HZ H4 and S4 pickups (I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about ) with some Dimarzio (he needed a metal guitar)...

I need a balanced guitar, so I'm thinking about replacing my new guitar pickups with he's EMGs...

Is it a good deal? Please help...
Quote by britishsligean
if you have a valve amp then it's worth a look but if you don't do not bother

dude shut up emgs aren't for valve amps only
That’s how we’ll know. This is not a test, oh no
This is cardiac arrest

Of a world too proud to admit our mistakes
We're crashing into the ground as all fall from grace
That guitar is NOT worth the money, mate. The bridge is a POS, not to mention the pickups.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
they're the shitty passive EMG's. they're not the active humbuckers that you're thinking of.

in comparison to other passives they're mediocre at best, and you'll understand why they're standard on mass-produced guitars.
------

Shwiggity.
well.... the guitar costed me 319 euros..... My friend sells the 3 pickups for 100..... what do you think..... does it worth the change?