so the guitar player in the highschool jazz band is a lazy ass mutha*ucka, and doesnt wanna cart his 90 watt s***goose custom back and forth to school.
so he calls me up and proposes we just "share" amps with a splitter he's got.

anyways, im pretty skeptical to do so. not only would it be totally lame, but i do alotta different stuff tonally with my amp depending on what kinda stuff were playin.

im usin a 115 with like, 500watts maybe?
how loud does he have to be to satisfy the demands of a highschool jazz band?
Last edited by thunderkix at Sep 9, 2009,
just tell him to bring his own amp. if he wants to play music he has to deal with carrying shit around.
**** him, refuse. It will sound less then good since its a bass amp as well.... Though my acoustic sounds pretty badass on the bass amp distortion setting
are you guys playing at the same time? if you are then **** with his volume, turn him waaaaay down so you over power him
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Tell him to stop being so lazy and bring his own amp. What's with lazy guitarists? The lead guitarist in my band never brings his own equipment. He uses the singers guitar and my guitar amp, and he gets mad if he ever has to bring his guitar or amp to practice.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
that's an awful idea. tell him to grow a pair.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Guitar through a bass amp sounds awesome... but tell him to get stuffed
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Wow.. 500w?
Thats A LOT for high school jazz. My school has a 80w Peavey combo and it's more than enough for bass guitar.
Why not share? More than enough power to share.
Just make sure your louder. Your amp, your rule.
Tell him he might as well play amplified. Too many musicians are lazy anyway.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
tell him no. you could tell him that you heard it could harm your speaker, but really, it just won't sound good. when two instruments share an amp, alot of sound gets canceled out when the two play at the same time. it's a frequency thing.