Last edited by blue_strat at Sep 9, 2009,
It's OK, I'd go for something a bit hotter though. It's really versatile though.
I'd try something like a Dimarzio Norton.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
It's OK, I'd go for something a bit hotter though. It's really versatile though.
I'd try something like a Dimarzio Norton.

The guy told me that Dimarzio Nortons wouldn't really sound good in a Dean ML FBD?
While I agree there are much better choices. Mark Morton gets the job done with two 59's.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by yellowv
Mark Morton gets the job done with two 59's.

... in a custom Jackson with two Mesa Mark IV stacks.

But then the TS does have a decent setup, so whatever decent pickups he uses will sound at the very least okay.
Quote by herman ri2
The guy told me that Dimarzio Nortons wouldn't really sound good in a Dean ML FBD?

the norton is great in a mahogany set neck guitar.

the norton just shines, its heavy enough to do metal, but open enough for nice bluesy and clean tones

in all reality I think the norton would do much better in your guitar than the 59. especially with your amp. I think the 59 would be too "specialized" to really shine and give off a neutral tone that would benefit with your amp.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Last edited by JLT73 at Sep 9, 2009,
I have a 59' in my Jackson Soloist, and i love it. It isn't exactly a super high output pup as the dimarzio, but as said above it is extremely versatile. I love it. Its great on leads and solos there. The pup will sound different for you though...all pups have a sound that vary depending on the guitar they are in due to woods, amps and many, many other x factors. If it helps, I have an Alder body guitar with neck through construction running into a solid state amp.

It should be noted however that my 59' is in the neck position and not the bridge.
In the bridge I have the JB, which is a beast.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I love the sound of metal with low output pickups.. has a bit of sponginess to it.. something organic and nice that you don't always get with high output pickups. It'll also be incredibly versatile.
Quote by TimmyPage06
I love the sound of metal with low output pickups.. has a bit of sponginess to it.. something organic and nice that you don't always get with high output pickups. It'll also be incredibly versatile.

Ah- a man of taste! I agree with this-
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I like the '59 and think it's one of those pickups are extremely underrated. They're bright though and you might find them lacking in body. Of course it's something your amp can make up for, but they'll still have that kind of scooped character.

Honestly for the 1960 overwound PAF sound, one of the best is the Wolfetone Marshallhead. They're incredibly versatile and will do metal no problem. But they're also a little bit more expensive than the Seymour Duncans (but still a great deal as far as boutique pickups are concerned).

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7575926

Take a listen