My 1k$ guitar just fell face first from its stand... Really upset right now. I can't find any cracks/damage except that the tone switcher covering thing ( I can't really explain it, but I'm quite sure its unimportant) is cracked a bit.

Is there anything else that could be wrong with it that I can't see? It still stays in tune perfectly from what I can tell so far but could anything else have been damaged? Thanks in advanced.
no. it should be find. happens to everyone sometimes. just plug it in and play it and if it still plays... than its fine.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Have you plugged it in? If not, do so and make sure that the electronics were properly soldered and nothing came loose.
Quote by selibucaz
no. it should be find. happens to everyone sometimes. just plug it in and play it and if it still plays... than its fine.

Thank you. It just felt so horrible hearing the crash and then turning around and seeing on the ground...
Quote by pixysticks
Have you plugged it in? If not, do so and make sure that the electronics were properly soldered and nothing came loose.

Yes I've plugged it in and played it for a few minutes and it sounds the same, thanks.
what kind of guitar is it?
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
Quote by maidenpriest69
what kind of guitar is it?

STM1 Ibanez
Last edited by Daxflame at Sep 9, 2009,
$1k is stretching it a bit. It should be fine, unless the pots or switches themselves are damaged. It's easy to replace a knob or switch.
It should be fine but try not to let it happen, it can't be good for the neck. It happened to my Telecaster numerous times but I don't want it to happen again.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
That's why I keep my guitars in their cases. Stands are accidents waiting to happen.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
i keep my guitars on stand for shows but for the house i use their cases.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Blacken Seas
i keep my guitars on stand for shows but for the house i use their cases.

...I envy you for your taste in guitars...
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Hercules stands or something that has some kind of safety is imporwtant when your guitar is that expesive.

I use a case. The case is soooo big and takes much space. Not recommended if you're going to walk to a lesson or something with it, because a case usually weigths 6-8 kilos. (a guitar is like 3-5 kilos).
Quote by OldRocker
That's why I keep my guitars in their cases. Stands are accidents waiting to happen.

i was gonna say this but I have a wall mount and its sturdy as hell the reason I got rid of my normal stand was because they are all unreliable it dropped my legacy about 10 times lol not that big a deal but still
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250