40 83%
Against
6 13%
Girls Only
1 2%
Guys Only
1 2%
Voters: 48.
My Government class had a debate recently about the topic of legalizing gay marriage in the U.S.

It sems that most people in the class would have no problem with it... if it were two women. They were completely against two men getting married, but two women were fine. When the people for gay marriage (myself and about 4 others out of a class of 30) tried to tell them that it doesn't work for just one group, it's either all or nothing, they just kept reverting back to how two guys were gross and two girls were hot.

So Pit, what is your opinion on the topic of gay marriage?

EDIT:
Quote by meh!
How old are you?

17, High School Senior class
Last edited by phlip999 at Sep 9, 2009,
I think it's downright disgusting that we even consider disallowing people in love to get married.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
stfu, gtfo, you mother fuking.... bad person...

Edit: there's hundreds of gay threads to read already.
All marriages are gay, marriage means **** now-a-days.

So it's already legal :]

/angst
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
I'm against it, but only because I hate the concept of religion, and letting a larger percentage marry empowers the church even more.
Вяєҭҭ
ZeGuitarist's sister is hawt.
?)
Quote by iantheman
I think it's downright disgusting that we even consider disallowing people in love to get married.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
For.

Lol @ the homophobes in your class.
He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages
How old are you?

I really don't think me, or indeed my class, were ever that backwards/immature. Maybe i'm looking at it with rose-tinted glasses... but yeh, I just don't see it.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
The best question is: why should it not be allowed? I've yet to hear any decent arguments on that.
Quote by iantheman

Agreed.
Who cares if they are gay or straight it really shouldn't make a difference

And its not like they're "destroying" the tradition of marriage like people who get married numerous times or for benefits do
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Anyone should be able to marry anyone as long as they both consent. I say that because you shouldn't be able to marry an anime character or an animal
Gay Marriage should be legal of course there is no legitimate legal argument against it.

People who are ok with gay women but not gay men are quite frankly bigots. Its a view that arises from our construction of masculinity and has nothing to do with grossness at all and I bet any of those people would be hard pressed to explain exactly what is gross about gay men.

Since masculinity is constructed in part through the way men treat women by degrading them, objectifying them, and pursuing them gay men are considered more feminine than straight men by straight men. This often threatens their own masculinity as well as the social power they get from being men since two men together have twice as much power as one man.
Quote by iantheman

I couldn't of said that any better myself.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I think its perverse, so I'm against it. Humans are animals. You don't see two dude dogs goin at it. It's just not supposed to happen. Man ima get flamed for this lol
I'm against gay marriage.

Why? It goes against nature, and we all know nature wins in most cases. They will feel their pain in due time >
Against.

Yes, I am catholic, so there's my reasoning. But civil unions are perfectly fine. It gives gay couples benefits of being married. Not sure why you need to fight for marriage.
I think that if two people want to spend the rest of their lives together they should get married regardless of any other factors. **** they're just going to end up disappointed in 5-8 years anyways why should it matter if they're gay or straight.
Quote by 7grant2

Why? It goes against nature, and we all know nature wins in most cases. They will feel their pain in due time >

It's natural for many mammalian species to engage in homosexuality.
I don't care whether they can get married or not. It doesn't really effect me in any way.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by newaccount
I think its perverse, so I'm against it. Humans are animals. You don't see two dude dogs goin at it. It's just not supposed to happen. Man ima get flamed for this lol

But they do. All the time.
Quote by meh!
How old are you?

I really don't think me, or indeed my class, were ever that backwards/immature. Maybe i'm looking at it with rose-tinted glasses... but yeh, I just don't see it.

I dunno, my politics class a year or two ago voted in favour of having compulsory EMA for every over 16 over having trools pulled out of iraq.

EDIT: All you people who voted against. Don't hide behind the anon title. Give one good reason that gays shouldnt be allowed to marry plz.
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
Against.

Yes, I am catholic, so there's my reasoning. But civil unions are perfectly fine. It gives gay couples benefits of being married. Not sure why you need to fight for marriage.

'separate but equal'

Quote by 7grant2

Quote by newaccount

Jokes?

There are tons of gay animals.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by newaccount

THIS! when i brought this up in my government class my teacher asked what i thought about "lab" babies or babies artificailly inceminated in a lab and i said it all goes back to natural selection. if any other animal was unable to reproduce they would be left without a second thought and eventually i pissed her off enough i got kicked outta class
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
Quote by 7grant2
Well I have yet to see that... and I don't plan on it either.

lol same here. And if you see that there is no way you can shrug that off and say "yeah that's normal"
Quote by Ribcage
I'm against it, but only because I hate the concept of religion, and letting a larger percentage marry empowers the church even more.
Serious facepalm.

PRO TIP: Gay marriages wouldn't take place in a church.
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
Against.

Oh right your reasoning is religion, the last refuge of someone with no valid argument. So you say people shouldn't be allowed to do something that in no way affects you or hurts anyone because your religion is homophobic? Real nice.

Also for whoever said 'it ain't natural'. Well it is because you should realise EVERYTHING is natural. Humans are animals as you say yourself and we are part of nature, we are still bound by nature, people seem to think humans are outside of nature like nature is something reserved for stuff 'out there', it isn't.
Quote by iantheman
'separate but equal'

Jokes?

There are tons of gay animals.
I have a feeling I have just lost this argument... but my opinion still stands the way it is, I just don't like it.

No gay cowboy butt sex for me.
Animals aren't gay? Fvck that, I read that Dolphin males (the animal some consider to be smarter than humans) are exclusively homosexual until a certain age, and there have been cases of gay chimps, etc.
My best friend had a dog (a bitch) that constantly tried to **** it's own sister!
Poll is largely academic.

Gay thread

*closed*
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish