The idea of this thread is that if you want to start listening to a certain band or artist but don't know with which albums to start (the best, most popular, which ones to avoid, etc.), you ask here

Answer the above user and then post your own question

So here goes

I want to start listening to Frank Zappa, which albums should I start with / are his best?

(If a thread like this already exists, link me to it, and I'll take this down)
Quote by The Horror!
The idea of this thread is that if you want to start listening to a certain band or artist but don't know with which albums to start (the best, most popular, which ones to avoid, etc.), you ask here

Answer the above user and then post your own question

So here goes

I want to start listening to Frank Zappa, which albums should I start with / are his best?

(If a thread like this already exists, link me to it, and I'll take this down)

*searches wikipedia for Frank Zappa*

*sees album list*

FFFFUUU-
Pink Floyd-Dark side of the Moon
Led Zeppelin-I-IV
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Not so much a specific band, but I'd like to get into some more modern minimalist classical composers.

As far as my knowledge goes, it's very limited. I really love Arvo Pärt, and I have a few other random composers like Reich and Glass, but I have just begun to get into this genre.

EDIT: And I can't answer your's.
Last edited by Miniskirt at Sep 9, 2009,
for zappa - freak out, one size fits all, over nite sensation, joes garage, apostrophe... you know what? frank zappa made 78 albums that were all ****ing amazing, go buy one and it will be great no matter what
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by keithmoon15
for zappa - freak out, one size fits all, over nite sensation, joes garage, apostrophe... you know what? frank zappa made 78 albums that were all ****ing amazing, go buy one and it will be great no matter what

79 lol. I actually checked. its crazy to think that he put out 79 albums, thats so many.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Quote by breakdown123
between the buried and me

i heard selkies today and LOVED it. Where should i start?

Naked by the computer, Viridian, Mordecai, All Bodies. The whole colors album is really good and a lot of people really like their self-titled album as well. Naked by the computer is the **** though! second only to selkies
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
I wanna start listening to Tool (have Laterius but never really got into it)
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by Clutch32192
I wanna start listening to Tool (have Laterius but never really got into it)

then you shall never get into tool

i guess you could try aenima but lateralus was their most amazing album, and one of the most amazing ever created by any band
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Lateralus is a grower. Aenima and previous is way more immediate.

exactly. start by listening to some of their hits like sober, aenima, schism, forty-six and 2, vicarious, etc. Eulogy is my favorite song but if you dont like Tool you definetly wont get into them by listening to that song, but yeah tool is quite possibly one of the greatest bands ever. Dont give up if you dont like Lateralus cause that was my least favorite Tool album for the longest time. You kinda have to listen to it all the way through a couple of times then it just clicks and your like holy **** this is a masterpiece.
Quote by breakdown123
between the buried and me

i heard selkies today and LOVED it. Where should i start?

I personally started with Colors, but if you're not into 10 minute+ songs it might not be for you. Alaska (the album with Selkies) has some shorter songs on it though.