Some of you may have seen earlier that this past weekend i got a PRS SE Custom 24 for free..now i'm thinking about moving the string gauge on up to 11-14-18-28-38-49's from what i can only assume are 10-13-17-26-36-46. I figure SOME adjustments will be needed but i was wondering if anyone could tell me exactly what is needed.
I know how to check intonation, and i think i could kind of figure out how to adjust it on this bridge, but i'm not 100% sure. I was also wondering if it would be wise to do this with 2 gigs coming up on friday..will the strings be stretched enough by then or will i have to be constantly tuning?

A picture of the bridge:

and another thing, there is an extra spring that came with the guitar and an open spot for one inside of the back panel, would it help any to put that extra spring in after changing strings?
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
If you're adding tension, add a spring. If it isn't a perfect match, turn the screws until it's perfect.
Quote by mamosa
If you're adding tension, add a spring. If it isn't a perfect match, turn the screws until it's perfect.

if...what isnt a perfect match? the screws inside the back panel or on the bridge?
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
If after adding the spring, the intonation is still off, you don't necessarily need to adjust the truss rod, you just need to turn the trem screws.
the springs are in the back of the guitar
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by mamosa
If after adding the spring, the intonation is still off, you don't necessarily need to adjust the truss rod, you just need to turn the trem screws.

ok now i get ya ;D
TABBERS WANTED
sorry for DP, but i really need to know soon whether or not it should be alright if i change my strings tonight with 2 shows coming up on friday. i will most likely be playing it most of tomorrow, if that makes a difference with string adjustment.
TABBERS WANTED
The strings will definitely be stretched by then. But make sure the intonation is good.
Quote by mamosa
The strings will definitely be stretched by then. But make sure the intonation is good.

can do. thanks a lot for your help with this..i've had an Epiphone Dot for about 2 years but this PRS is so different..
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by JRib1216
can do. thanks a lot for your help with this..i've had an Epiphone Dot for about 2 years but this PRS is so different..

It's beautiful. Why did you get it for free?
Quote by mamosa
It's beautiful. Why did you get it for free?

It is VERY beautiful. It was given to me at a music festival last weekend. During one song, the singer went back and said a little about Paul Reed Smith guitars and said he would give it to whoever went the craziest during the next chorus. He looked RIGHT at me when he said that and after the chorus..what the rest of the crowd didnt know is that he's pretty much my band's mentor and we know each other on an acquaintance level.
TABBERS WANTED