Ok, I currently have a Yamaha FG730 acoustic guitar, I also have a yamaha electic guitar that I got a while back(needless to say its in bad condition, dings everywhere, and the electrics are falling out.) But recently I have started listening to alot of alternative rock, and am intersted in getting an electric to fool around on and see what happens. I am also about to go off to college, so I don't want anything too expensive or anything like that becasue I know if i take it with me it will prolly get pretty beat up. Any ideas on packs that come w/ guitar and a decent amp? thanks!
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo
Get a Roland Microcube and fish around for a guitar under 200... I don't think anyone would argue with that decision.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Used Fender MIM Strat and a used Microcube. Used is the only way to get something decent with that budget. Unless you want to go acoustic.....
for guitars look at www.rondomusic.com
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Quote by mamosa
Used Fender MIM Strat and a used Microcube. Used is the only way to get something decent with that budget. Unless you want to go acoustic.....

An used cube15x would be better because the microcube doesn't have an EQ
I'd say get the used microcube and a less-heard-of brand.

I have an AXL SRO, which is a pretty good guitar for the money. They do come in colors other than the hideous badwater series(unless you like that type of thing.)
look at Squire or Epiphone for guitars as for the amp a micro cube or maybe a cube 15x
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
get a used MIM strat for $300 then worry about an amp. if you put 10's on the strat you can play without an amp in a room thats quiet.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by fullsailstudent
get a used MIM strat for $300 then worry about an amp. if you put 10's on the strat you can play without an amp in a room thats quiet.

an you teach me how to whammy without the whammy bar? pretty please???

on a related note, TS, just get an acoustic guitar. guys who can actually play acoustic guitar are friggin pussy magnets at college. just a tip from the wise
Get the electronics fixed on the Yamaha electric you have. Then get a vibrochamp xd for $199 new.

Or bring the acoustic you have, they do wonders towards creating wetness where it counts.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yamaha pacifica 112J if you dont mind getting another yamaha. Get a used Peavy Vypyr or roland cube 15x or ibanez toneblaster 15 to go along.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
Quote by gregs1020
Get the electronics fixed on the Yamaha electric you have. Then get a vibrochamp xd for $199 new.

Or bring the acoustic you have, they do wonders towards creating wetness where it counts.

+1

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Don't buy another beginner guitar. Shoot for a MIM Strat at the very least.
Thanks for the advice guys, I will prolly end up getting a MIM strat or maybe a tele(i like the way they look), but as far as acoustic goes, I already have an acoustic and plan on taking it with me lol :p
Gear:
Alvarez Classical Guitar(don't know much about it).
Yamaha FG730S
Agile AL-2000 Black Cherry
Fender 25R Frontman Series II Combo