Has there ever been a movie trailer or a poster that was really effective and made you legitimately interested in the film?

I just started thinking about this the other day when I realized that I never in a million years would I have watched/read Watchmen had I not seen the trailer preceding The Dark Knight.

What about you guys?
i thought the international marketing campaign was kinda cool. They had posters with fake spraypainting on them that said "stoptheinternational.com" and then they had the regular posters. The spraypaint actually looked real from a distance and almost made me check if it was a marketing ploy. Sure enough my buddy went to the site and it was just that.

Genius idea though
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
they do something else here in new zealand. the purposely have posters upside down, with a regular poster a few feet away from it. you tend to go and scrutinize both as a result.
Not really a trailer or a poster, but the viral campaign for Cloverfield was ****ing epic.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Not really a trailer or a poster, but the viral campaign for Cloverfield was ****ing epic.

Same general idea. And yes, that was quite epic.

Was anyone around for the Dark Knight viral campaign? Now THAT was ridiculous. They had hundreds of people running around San Diego in clown makeup at one point.

Plus, the phone number you got to call the Joker... *shudders*