Page 1 of 2
Assuming most of the Pit is in either high school or college, most of us haven't started or had much time in careers. So I ask you Pit, what do you want to be?

I'm sure several people will say a musician. I used to want to be a musician, but I've found a great passion in creative writing, so I want to be an author myself. Your turn!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Regular lawyer

Or a Navy JAG

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I want to be a fireman!
no wait.
I want to be a pirate!
enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
Quote by Spartan070sarge
I used to want to be a musician, but I've found a great passion in creative writing, so I want to be an author myself

You could do both. Neither is a full 24/7 job like being a lawyer or doctor etc.
Quite honestly, a musician, or music producer. I know it seems predictable, but I'm very serious about music and play all the time.

If that doesnt work out, engineering of some sort would be nice.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Musician. But I could see myself being a cop.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
I plan on going to a music school for either composition or guitar performance along with music business. I want to go to Berklee or North Texas.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I know I'm the minority here, being a 35 year old man....
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
Psshhh I wanted to become a programmer but I honestly wonder how long I can do that before it becomes unbearably tedious. That and it seems dead end..cant imagine how many promotions are in Programming.

Although the 70-80k starting salary sounds nice. I honestly am lost on this topic
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Psshhh I wanted to become a programmer but I honestly wonder how long I can do that before it becomes unbearably tedious. That and it seems dead end..cant imagine how many promotions are in Programming.

Although the 70-80k starting salary sounds nice. I honestly am lost on this topic

Been there... done that...
The money IS nice, but I lost my mind and re-enlisted in the Marine Corps to go to Iraq after 5 years.

Edit: Iraq as a Marine Infantryman was much less hostile than corporate America in many regards.
Last edited by Vikingx at Sep 9, 2009,
I'd like to be an author or musician, but I doubt I'll make a living doing either.
I'd like to be a musician, but right now I think I'll be an electrical engineer.
Action. Reaction. Like an eye for an eye from our tribal days.
I'd like to be a psychiatrist...or a biochemist
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

Well I really want to be a professional musician, and I'll always try for that. But in the meantime, I like to work on cars and such, so I could be a mechanic's apprentice or something. Right now I work on a golf course and do maintenance on that, sometimes work with the mechanic when he needs help, that's always fun. I don't really wanna go to college. High school has sort of shaped my mind to believe all school is horrible for me. I need to get out of here...
Quote by Streetking07
I think you spelled it wrong

That's the point. Whenever there's a thread that somebody uses the word "Finish", as in, "to finish something", in the thread title, I can't stop thinking about ****ing Finland.
I'd like to keep doing what i'm doing for work atm a Prosthetic Technician.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Vikingx
Been there... done that...
The money IS nice, but I lost my mind and re-enlisted in the Marine Corps to go to Iraq after 5 years.

Edit: Iraq as a Marine Infantryman was much less hostile than corporate America in many regards.

Oh yeah? So how was it then? Being a programmer that is. I imagine it would SUCK during "crunch" time or when youre working on something you dont like. If you want to, do they allow you to work from home sometimes?

thanks for your time in Iraq for us btw.

Stepco's Master
Quote by silly hats
I'd like to keep doing what i'm doing for work atm a Prosthetic Technician.

You're such a phony

Seriously... I commend your line of work... Often it's cutting edge.
Military (or a civilian, I guess) pilot, or, hopefully, part of a SWAT team. No lie.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by Vikingx
You're such a phony

Seriously... I commend your line of work... Often it's cutting edge.

I find this statement rather punny.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Oh yeah? So how was it then? Being a programmer that is. I imagine it would SUCK during "crunch" time or when youre working on something you dont like. If you want to, do they allow you to work from home sometimes?

thanks for your time in Iraq for us btw.

I worked from home often, but the work is not what you think. More often that not you're writing queries to make some list that some high-up bonehead needs yesterday. The applications are never fun to write, and usually you're working with code that someone else wrote incorrectly. You're not allowed to correct their code because you're not sure where else it's referenced. Everyone does their little piece, and sometimes you don't even know what the finished program will be.

Boring.... lots of red-tape....

Good news is that you can write your own stuff on the side, although your contract may keep you from doing that also.
Quote by crazy8rgood
I find this statement rather punny.

I know.... pun-ishment
@Viking, Thanks more specifically its in the industry of gaming because that pays more, believe it or not, and has a much more casual environment. I really have to see for myself. I understand what youre saying and that HAS been a concern of mine..but im like you and have no idea what I want to do

There is nothing I can think of that id be passionate and like doing every single day ..resteraunt critic would be AWESOME but I cant live off the pay

Psychologist sounds alright...but ehhh..if im gonna be doing something I dont really love doing, I might as well take the 80k programming job. Psychologists usually get paid average of 60k

Stepco's Master
Also, I found out today that I got assigned to be the chief writer of my school's yearbook, which is just AWESOME.

EDIT: This is significant because like I said in the first post, I want to be an author.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
musician or pathologist. pathologists make $230-$330 here in the states
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
@Viking, Thanks more specifically its in the industry of gaming because that pays more, believe it or not, and has a much more casual environment. I really have to see for myself. I understand what youre saying and that HAS been a concern of mine..but im like you and have no idea what I want to do

There is nothing I can think of that id be passionate and like doing every single day ..resteraunt critic would be AWESOME but I cant live off the pay

Psychologist sounds alright...but ehhh..if im gonna be doing something I dont really love doing, I might as well take the 80k programming job. Psychologists usually get paid average of 60k

No problem. I don't have experience in the gaming industry, but I was around when programmers and web guys were cutting edge. It was a good time to be a geek. Don't get me wrong... I've done some really cool projects here and there, but they were always contracts.

Good luck finding your calling. I really loved the Marine Corps, but I'm too old and broken to be kicking in doors anymore.

How much does a beer critic get paid?
I want to be a turbocharger, a snail that goes fast!

Nah but seriously though I'm studying accounting, boring as ****.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
i wanna be a herpetologist after college.

and for those who dont know what that is its the study of reptiles.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics
Quote by spanish lovin
I want to be a fireman!
no wait.
I want to be a pirate!

am I the only one who read this in the voice of GIR?
Boromir.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Quote by Sir Anonymous
Happy.

Took my answer.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Page 1 of 2