I'm in a jazz combo. Its good fun, but my volume can't exceed the horns or other rhythm players. When it comes around to soloing, my guitar doesn't cut through.

I'm wondering if anyone has experiences with Boost pedals, like maybve the EHX Screaming Bird or Linear Boost?
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
If your amp isn't loud enough in the first place, a boost êdal is not gonna help much.
What amp are you using.
My preference is the ModTone clean boost, but thats just me. If the amp is already cranked to the point that its breaking up, I'd suggest just getting a new amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I'm using a Fender '65 Twin Reverb; I don't have time to fuss with the volume before a solo when I'm comping like a mad man, and I can't crank the amp because of a thing called balance; I'm playing jazz.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Sounds like a clean boost would be good then. Check out the Modtone. You can also use it as a treble cut, bass cut, etc.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by jc349
Sounds like a clean boost would be good then. Check out the Modtone. You can also use it as a treble cut, bass cut, etc.

+1
Gear
Guitars
- Ibanez GRX20
- Austin SG
- Alveraz Artist Acoustic Electric
Amps
- Kustom 15W
- Peavey Vypyr 75W
- Monitor speaker!
Effects
- Behringer V-Amp Multi-effects
- Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
- Tubescreamer
- Sampera I
Or even a little EQ pedal may help you cut more.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I use my TS9 with the drive at zero and the level almost domed for my solo boost when playing in my jazz band. Should work with any OD pedal.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
HAO Rust Booster
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Valve Junior/Bitmo Modded
Bugera V55HD/412H-BK
I use a Ehx LPB-1 all the time when i plug in my strat after playing my SG. it's A killer little boost pedal also good for a lead boost........Just a handy pedal to have at a good price!!
Quote by jc349
I use my TS9 with the drive at zero and the level almost domed for my solo boost when playing in my jazz band. Should work with any OD pedal.

Not all od pedals cleans up completely when you roll back the gain btw
I just got a bmf effects fat bastard, he was having a sale, don't know if it's still going on. Worth checking into I guess, but there are lots of boost pedals out there to help you stand out in solos