thinkin bout my next guitar and its come down to these two,
i love love love my LTD MH 400 NT so i figure why not get the one above it?

but then the RR5 caught my eye and ive always wanted a jackson V,

So im asking for everyones opinion on the two guitars in question

or if you have another guitar then suggest away,

but please no Deans or Schecters

I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
mh 1000 is pretty sweet. if you want something more conservative than a V then please
It's all about feel
I would get the Jackson, just because you already have a MH400NT.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
The Jackson But i'm partial to them.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
^No, really?

Seriously, I'd personally go with the RR5, it's like a String-Thru RR1 without binding and a Floyd Rose. Jackson necks are the most comfortable to me and an RR5's tone, sustain, comfort and quality really makes it win compared to the ESP in my opinion.
At the end of the day comparing a super strat and a V is comparing apples and oranges....

BUT- I too had to choose. I have played the MH-1000, and to be honest I loved it. It does one thing and one thing well- but that isn't nessecarily a bad thing. The build quality for the LTD impressed me too. It really changed my perception on the LTD brand.

However, being a Jackson man, and knowing the RR5 very well, I'd say the V wins. I love the duncan pups found inside it, and the gold trim on white body with black pinstriping is classic. Once again, its a different animal from the MH...and try out the body shape (even if you need to play JS series RR) at a guitar shop. It isn't bad to sit with one, just takes some getting used to. The RR5 plays nicely, has nice features, great build quality, but to me it is a bit pricey for being a japanese Jackson.
What is your budget? Would you be able to spring for a used RR1?
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I heard that LTD 1000s are the same as LTD 400s with aesthetic upgrades, nothing else. Same wood, hardware, electronics, and quality. I wouldn't really call it an upgrade. If you want an upgrade, go with the ESP Horizon.
ive played the RR5 and an ESP horizion, imo the horizion wasnt worth then upgrade in cash to get one, also played the RR5 and a MH1000 NT and i liked them both, cash wise and playability wise, so im stuck between them two, hence the thread,

but yeah im going towards the RR5, only because ive wanted a V for a long time
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals