Page 1 of 2
This is a thread for discussing your luck (or lack thereof) with winning free things. Share stories about WHAT you won and HOW you won it.

me first
Last weekend, there was a very large music festival about 5 miles out of the town i live in. On saturday night on one of the smaller stages, the lead singer stops in the middle of the song and goes back by his gear. He pulls out a PRS and explains what it is and pretty much says that whoever goes the craziest during the next chorus will GET the PRS. My friend and i immediately look at each other and once the chorus comes around, go completely insane. After the song was over, the singer goes back to the PRS, puts it in a gig bag, and walks it to the different parts of the stage, psyching people out. Then he jumps down in front of the stage and walks straight over to where i am and hands it over a row of other people straight to me, at this point i shat bricks. Its a PRS SE Custom 24 and it is BEAUTIFUL.

tl;dr: read it
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
That is so generous of the man to do that.. wow. it is really beautiful..

My experience:
Won free DVD player from raffle. That's about it.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
I once won 12 dunkin donuts for free.

took 'em to work and the pregnant woman there ate half of them.

with pickles.

I **** you not.
You lucky son of a bitch.
I got my class ring for free, they had a raffle with every students name in it that was a sophomore and drew mine, granted there was probably just over 100 names in the jar.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Congrats. Good booty.
I've met a few bands and artists... Metallica (twice backstage), Clapton, Gwar, and others I'm not proud of (nickelback, etc...) Concert tickets about six or seven times, and a trip to Vegas where I puked on my ex-wife's face (well worth it).

Never a guitar though.... good job man.
Quote by mattbellamee

My experience:
Won free DVD player from raffle. That's about it.

I did too; my freshman year of high school.

Also, when I was like, 10, my dad signed up to win this trip to Universal Studios in Orlando when we were waiting in line at Target. He said he was going to use my name for good luck. Like, a month later we get a letter in the mail saying that I and three others were going to spend three days in Florida and since the Universal Resort was booked solid my mom, my dad, my cousin, and I all got upgraded to the Peabody Inn which is a 4-star hotel that has cute little duckies crawling around inside .

****ing bad-ass three days if I say so myself.
That's basically my dream guitar you lucky sob.
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah
The funny thing is, all of the little 14 year olds in front of me were saying stuff like "What the heck, you don't even play, give it to me." How would you honestly tell if someone played or now by just looking at them? :|
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
My friend and I won Pearl Jam tickets from a local radio station back in 2003.

Other than that I can't think of anything too cool that I've won/gotten for free.
Quote by JRib1216
The funny thing is, all of the little 14 year olds in front of me were saying stuff like "What the heck, you don't even play, give it to me." How would you honestly tell if someone played or now by just looking at them? :|

Because ALL teenagers think that they can play guitar.... otherwise there would be no pit.

With love....
VikingX
i won tickets to the deftones, and black tide, also a super squirter, the big kind
im the drunkest burning star
cool story bro

i never win anything
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I once got two pieces of candy from the candy claw machine where you are guaranteed to win one candy.
I got my monitor for free, 19 inch (i think) LCD, it's really nice. My friend was doing some server repairs at an office and they were throwing it away claiming it was faulty, but it works just fine :}
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah
I just paid $500 for that same guitar...
PRS SE Custom 24

Valveking 100W Head
Quote by >>Kurtis<<
I just paid $500 for that same guitar...

but isn't it amazing?
TABBERS WANTED
The day the original xbox came out I went down to the game store to try and set the fastest lap on project gotham racing and take an xbox home. Well I set the fastest lap by over a second and a half (the advantages of having actual motor racing experience huh? ) and took it home, over 80 people did a hot lap, most having never touched an xbox before (I say most since this one guy had been practicing all week in the shop, but still did awfully)
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I've gotten a free archtop acoustic. It kind of has a bad neck angle, so I just use it for slide .
in kindergarten i won a yo-yo. i was so happy. but it broke the next day.
honestly that was supposed to be a joke, but i really cant think of anything else.
I got a Drive Thru Open neon sign at my job. It flashed and was dying so we had to get a new one (corporate people were coming in a few weeks) so I told my manager I'd take the old one. stopped flashing for the most part... only occassionally for a few seconds.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Won Metallica tickets off the radio
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Three sets of concert tickets
1. Nickelback, Three Days Grace, and Breaking Benjamin(And backstage passes w/ meet and greet)
2. Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Skillet, and Seether
3. Evanescence and Sick Puppies

A $50 Tattoo Gift Certificate

Minor League Hockey tickets

All from the same radio station, and all three sets of tickets were within a year.
back in 2006, i won a radio contest and the prize was free tickets to the sold-out unholy alliance tour in san jose, ca.

slayer
lamb of god
mastodon
children of bodom
thine eyes bleed

i didn't get there in time for thine eyes but everyone else was awesome.

a few weeks ago, i also won a $20 gift certificate to a smoke shop and i bought a bowl with it
Go Veg.
Last edited by im not mental at Sep 10, 2009,
i found a promotion online for $10 in free food from schwans a few months ago. i got 2 lbs of onion rings.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Won a bike in a raffle, won tickets to see Jet Black Stare, Tantric, Drowning Pool, and Saliva (was a good concert), shirt with radio's logo on it and im sure some other stuff, just can't think of them at the moment.
GO RED WINGS!!!
I won two tickets to Medieval Times at a band dinner a few months ago.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
I have nostalgia of The Free Box thread..

I don't think I've ever received anything good that was free. I think I won a hamper of junk in a raffle once, but that's about it.
I won £1000 pounds from premium bonds, which is sweet as I only had £25 worth of them in.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I once won 12 dunkin donuts for free.

took 'em to work and the pregnant woman there ate half of them.

with pickles.

I **** you not.

if I was pregant. I would also only eat pickles and donuts.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I got free compliments from a couple of bands, that's about it

I don't ever really get free stuff in the sense that you're talking about, I just find completely random/awesome things and call dibs
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
...free CD because me and my friend's texted into Kerrang radio claiming we were all in the bath toghether, thought it'd be amusing to hear being read out, turns out they rang us and were amazed....we splashed the kitchen tap a bit to make it seem real....

I did not like the CD.

Page 1 of 2