i have recently purchased a Conklin Grove Tools 7 string bass and was wondering if there are any suggestions my fellow bassists could give me as to songs or bands that use such a behemoth of an instrument?
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Possibly look into stuff from Nuclear Rabbit. Their bassist Jean Baudin uses Conklin 11strings for projects sometimes so maybe some of his stuff.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
im pretty sure necrophagist uses 7 string bass... but i know that brain drill does
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
Quote by adeliq
im pretty sure necrophagist uses 7 string bass... but i know that brain drill does

Necrophagist uses a 6 I believe.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by CurbstompBass
Tetrafusion and Brain Drill play sevens.

Bill Dickens too.

funny you mention Tetrafusion, theyre old friends of mine from when i lived in Shreveport, Louisiana lol I didnt know Mark used a 7 string?
Ibanez SR 505
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
some Claypool would be bomb on a 7.

and the nice thing about there being so little 7 string stuff is you get to make it yourself

YAY!!!!!

write a crazy fusion version of Autumn Leaves or something, just to throw people off at your next audition.

or... you know. some Braindrill. yeah.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s__S47xy_F4&feature=related

As suggested above, you could look like that man, songs like that have got to be intense though ... plus youve got to like it.

http://www.conklinguitars.com/instruments.html

You could try and learn the song that just plays on this page, i think it sounds nice.

But really, i tried to just search stuff about seven string bass players and bands with stuff like that ... nothing really came up though. So, in my opinion, you'll end up writing my own things and transposing songs if you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkZMlP7SRKk

I'm pretty sure theres alot of stuff like this and that should keep you busy for a while, sorry for not knowing anything about ... classical music is probably the easiest category to place that in.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
just transcribe any bass tunes for your seven string regardless of how many strings the recording has. take advantage of the number of options you have. should be a lot of fun to rework classics in a more playable manner.
#DTWD
Zeca de Oliveira - 7 Cordas/Strings

Album devoted to his 7 string bass, into jazz and very technical....
Quote by Casketcreep
Systematic, I want pics! and I jolly well want them now.

Conklins are beautiful. How much did it skin you?

will have pictures and sound clips once my amp is out of the shop. and i only paid $600
Ibanez SR 505
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
high f
Ibanez SR 505
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
John Gallagher of Raven owns one, but I'm not sure if he uses it for much...

I hate these threads, personally. Just transcribe songs for 4, 5 or 6 string basses, and write your own stuff. It would be a beast for tapping
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by systematic_nois
funny you mention Tetrafusion, theyre old friends of mine from when i lived in Shreveport, Louisiana lol I didnt know Mark used a 7 string?

No way. I've actually played a show with them in Shreveport. The hardest act I've ever had to follow. I actually go to college with the guitarist. :P
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Brain Drill play a 7 stringer.
CANNIBAL CORPSE

When the silence is gone, what have we become?
It's slightly off topic but would you post some pics when you get it?

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Braindrill, if I'm correct, NO LONGER USES THE 7 STRING. Jeff Hughell left them a while back and now plays with repriorical.