So i'm curious about which type of string is best. I mean brand and type. I play alot of metal so i would prefer a string that picks up finger slap well.
I'm a Rotosound fan, I've heard good things about Elixir but never tried them myself.
Elixirs get my vote, though I'm yet to try Rotos

EDIT: lol exact opposite of post above
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by pwrmax
I'm a Rotosound fan, I've heard good things about Elixir but never tried them myself.

I've never tried Elixir Bass Strings but I used to have them on my guitar a few years ago. Was never a fan of them cuz that weird coating crap on it would peel off way to fast then the strings would just feel like poo.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I rather like Rotos- my Warwick came with some Carvins however-

I liked them. steel, not as grippy as rotos, but not slick like nickel strings. good sound.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
My recommendation is DR high beams. i use them for everything from classic rock to metal. love them.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
DR Marcus Miller sigs...Basically the High Beam series with more of a bite.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Wouldnt the action of the bass be completely responsible for the clacking?

I think steel strings get more attraction from the pickups so that would likely give you more imput than nickel which could help, but thats what ive heard.

Anyway, what kind of metal did you have in mind? Got any known dislikes/likes for your strings? Heavy gauges definitely help with the thick sound and possible down tuning so keep that in mind.

As for myself, Ive loved DR High Beams on one of my basses, as far as ive read they last a good long long time and settled into a nice place, definitely glad i let myself pay that much for some strings ... guitar player friends loled.

A five string set of Ernie Ball super slinkys were also pretty good while i had them, had to get used to the texture for a couple of days.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
D'Addario Pro Steels are pretty decent - they're really bright but mine didn't have a fantastic bright lifespan. Nevertheless, Dave Ellefson used them in Megadeth and I may have got a dud pack.

Otherwise I'd suggest Rotosounds, they are great for metal.
signature
When I first put them on, my set of Elite's player series strings were easily the brightest nickel strings I'd used. Shame they went dead pretty quickly, but they still sound great with a pick rather than fingerstyle. Cheap as hell in the UK too.
I use Rotos but I'm looking to try more brands.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls