ok im using guitar rig 3 and basically it sounds like crap on my laptop, the sound card isnt the greatest, its a IDT High Definition Audio or something like that, is there anyway that i can improve the sound quality and reduce the latency, btw my laptop is a dell studio 15 with windows vista. any help is much appreciated.
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
Quote by rrhoads47
ok im using guitar rig 3 and basically it sounds like crap on my laptop, the sound card isnt the greatest, its a IDT High Definition Audio or something like that, is there anyway that i can improve the sound quality and reduce the latency, btw my laptop is a dell studio 15 with windows vista. any help is much appreciated.

yes.. get a better card.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Echo-Indigo-DJ-Dual-Stereo-2496-PCMCIA-Output-Card?sku=247019
Are you using headphones, the laptop speakers, or external speakers? If you're just using the laptop speakers then it'll definitely sound like crap, and I guess it could with external speakers depending on what you're using.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by namesroverrated
Are you using headphones, the laptop speakers, or external speakers? If you're just using the laptop speakers then it'll definitely sound like crap, and I guess it could with external speakers depending on what you're using.

Nah man... it's all about latency. A stock soundcard from a laptop just can't keep up with what's going on. They're not rated for duplex latency as a better soundcard.

He can do it... but it's going to cost him.
Yeah download asio4all and reduce the buffer size. That helps with the latency, but not with the quality of sound..
forget all those IDT High Definition Audio soundcard, they are just for entertainment

get an audio interface, they built with ASIO driver, which is the real deal for music production software
Yeah, audio interface is the way to go. Even not an expensive one for now, there are some more inexpensive options which do the trick. I use an internal one, and with the set up I have I get some pretty good quality.