Just picked this amp up from a friend in a "If you can fix it you can have it" Sort of ordeal.

So First things first I checked the fuse to find it was blown, replaced it twice with a 250v 1.5a fuse slowblow ( even though it's a 2A ) which were blown immediately

then I picked up some 250v 2a slowblow fuses, upon installing one of those it blows it a couple seconds after turning it on. I have 3 more of those left but I don't want to risk trying it again.

What could be the problem

I already have a behringer gmx vtone 210 but it has a terrible tone so I'm trying to get this Crate going because these sound waaaay better.
hmmm broke transformer drawing too much current than tis supposed to?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
do you guys have any ways that I can test things or like some way that I can check it out myself as in tutorial links or schematics or something, because everytime I look I can't find anything.
If it was something like a bad connection for a jack or a bad pot you might be in luck. But when a SS is blowing fuses they generally end up in the scrap heap. Your not gonna find a easy to follow tutorial to tell you how to fix it. Theres areason the guys who diagnose SS equipment for a living make pretty good money. Alot of training, and experience is required along with some specialized tools.
^ +1. It's definitely not an amateur job. Unless it's something super obvious upon opening the amp, it's almost certainly not worth repairing.
Quote by Roc8995
^ +1. It's definitely not an amateur job. Unless it's something super obvious upon opening the amp, it's almost certainly not worth repairing.

+1 to this.

If you're blowing fuses, it's an indication of a serious problem. I'm too lazy to look up the specific amp, but if it's a solid state, you might as well chuck it right now - only the terribly expensive ones will be worth the diagnostic and repair bills you'll get from a tech. PCBs can be a real bitch to troubleshoot.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Yeah luckily I got this thing in a if you can fix it you can have it deal, so i didn't pay anything for it, It just sucks because I was hoping this was fixable. Mainly because I have a terrible sounding behringer guitar amp, and these crate GFX amps are really good.